Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamold's R36

Users Country Flag

Kamold's R36

I am now the VERY proud owner of an MY09 R36 wagon.
    Kamold's R36-imag1295-jpg

Thought I'd start a thread just to document the little mods I do along the way, as I've enjoyed reading similar threads from other members.

Bought at >60K, in very good condition, no changes from factory:
    Biscay Blue, powered tailgate, RNS510, RVC.

First change was just updating the RNS from the original 0900 software (!?) to 4120 with my custom partition ratios. Updated maps, added Aussietig's POI database, then an R splashscreen.

Installed the MObridge Bluetooth unit that had been installed my Octavia from the dealer. Its almost as good as the 9w7 except that it doesn't support AVHCP, so I can't control streaming music from the steering wheel, and it doesnt show the track/title info on screen. So eventually I'll replace it.

Next up I got an ECU and DSG tune from CPI as they had the special running with the DSG tune for free.
    Haven't had a chance to properly test it but so far so good, just a touch more urge through the band and more up at the top. DSG feels smoother in day to day driving and totally seamless in sport. Downshifts in sport also not too forceful.

Today a few LEDs arrived.

Installed a cheap interior set from Aliexpress
    Comprises all interior dome lights, glove box, boot and license plate (these ones didn't fit which I wasn't phased about as I have some proper ones ordered). Looks much more modern, I personally can't stand filament globes any more.

Next I installed some T10 LEDs for the horrible yellow parkers.

Apologies in advance for phone pics...

Original parkers with low beams as comparison:
    Kamold's R36-imag1314-jpg

One original, one LED:
    Kamold's R36-imag1320-jpg

Both LEDs, with low beam xenons:
    Kamold's R36-imag1321-jpg
    Last edited by kamold; 04-12-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Looks mint. I love it.

Users Country Flag
    Looks good mate. The only thing I haven't done yet with mine is do the interior lights. Keen to hear your thoughts. Are they much brighter than the stock filament globes? I am more worried about having the lights whiter than having them brighter. Would be good to see a photo if you can. Cheers.
    Check out some of my threads that I have started. There is a couple more ideas that you can do to yours as well.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah they are brighter than stock, as well as being white.
    The individual SMD LEDs are visible through the plastic diffuser which is not ideal, but it doesn't overly bother me personally.
    Will take a pic tonight, wife has taken the R36 for a drive for the first time, so hopefully I get it back, as she stole my last car
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Pretty difficult to get a real idea via a phone shot but you can see it's very white...

Users Country Flag
    Cool. Thanks mate. Does it come with the footwell lights as well
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Actually I need to check . Perhaps what I thought are incorrect license plate leds are footwell. Will let you know.

Users Country Flag
    No problems. Remembering that the normal festoon bulbs fade when you shut the door etc. How do the LED's go with the fade effect?

I just tested them, they actually do fade, just for not as long as the filament globes.
    Last edited by kamold; 03-12-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Users Country Flag

cool. Will look at purchasing some from your link. Did you end up seeing if they come with the footwell lights as well?

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast