Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Jakeys R36

Users Country Flag

Aliexpress mate. They're about $160US. When I bought mine the Aus dollar was better than parity so it was a little cheaper. Not so cheap nowadays though!!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    R36, now with new and improved aluminium mirrors! Identical finish/quality to the OEM ones as on the Mk. 7 Golf R and some of the Audis.

Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    Subtle and clean addition Jakey. Looks like the brushed finish matches the roof racks too.
    No more running wild...

Quote Originally Posted by fried View Post
    Subtle and clean addition Jakey. Looks like the brushed finish matches the roof racks too.
    Thanks mate, subtle and clean is pretty much what I've been going for with the whole car haha.

On matching the roof racks, that's part of the point. Although they are not an OEM part because VAG never made this mirror shape in this finish, they are a replica of an OEM finish. VAG use a special paint code designed to look like aluminium, they've been using the same code for years, mostly for small trim pieces but the Mk. 7 R Golf and some of the new Passats now have the mirrors in this finish too. Even the Audi mirrors now are in this finish, where previous gens used to have a more matte looking real aluminium. The Chinese (I assume that's where these were made) have basically perfected it, which is why these look so much like the R36 roof racks and grille. My racks are real aluminium, where the grille is plastic but painted in the aluminium look finish.

As a bonus, the mould is so good, they seem more genuine than my genuine white painted caps. I compared the insides and the replica has an embossed VW logo and embossed part numbers, where the real thing just has a sticker. But the moulding on the clip parts and the general mirror itself are literally perfect as far as I can tell. They even came in a VW box which matches some of the boxes I have gotten from the dealer here. Really incredible (And slightly worrying!) work from whoever made these.

Here is a pic of the OEM Mk. 7 R mirrors for comparison, I think it's the same part number as the new Passats use too. Mine look the same finish wise.

Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    I think they look really nice against the white.
    I'm not convinced though they look as good against the blue.
    So I've ummed and ahhed and thus far decided against getting them for my R36.

I might have to try and find some for my Octy though as my wife cracked the driver's mirror against a post and I can't seem to find replacements that are painted already so considering matt chrome instead...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Jakeys the latest mod looks mint! It really sets off the blended combination, where do you source these aluminum ones??

I'd love them on mine (it's a bluey, so kamold could see, enjoy & maybe follow suit )

DRLs look the part also, I hear a decent mod and obviously well worth the effort.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Just Aliexpress mate, cheap but total quality, rare case where you get both!

So very true! I've bought off there before and wasn't exactly what was pictured but I'm sure plenty have been slung the same way. There seems to be a few options on there now, which supplier did you use? (Getting keen!)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeys View Post
    Aside from that, I've recently put on some Climair Sport black inline weathershields, I've done a ton of little OEM+ style mods all over the place but the major ones are in my signature. Next up I've got the OEM headlight covers and possibly the OEM bonnet cover too, OEM Dynaudio amplifier going in with a custom harness, and either OEM Dynaudio or aftermarket equivelant Dynaudio speakers will be in the future. I also need the blued titanium tips for the exhaust but that probably won't be this year as everything iPe is just stupid expensive.
    Gday Jakeys, the mirrors look awesome dude!

Do you mind telling me where you sourced the weathershields? I've tried getting VW to source some, but they're the stick on variety which don't look very good as they cover the chrome door rails..

Quote Originally Posted by xR360 View Post
    So very true! I've bought off there before and wasn't exactly what was pictured but I'm sure plenty have been slung the same way. There seems to be a few options on there now, which supplier did you use? (Getting keen!)

They're all basically the same, make sure the picture is correct and the price is correct (Around $130 or so) and you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by ItonezI View Post
    Gday Jakeys, the mirrors look awesome dude!

Do you mind telling me where you sourced the weathershields? I've tried getting VW to source some, but they're the stick on variety which don't look very good as they cover the chrome door rails..
    Was part of a group buy so unsure exactly how to source them but the brand is Climair and the model is Sport (For the black tinted ones) so start there. I had the same problem with VW, I ordered ones that were in channel based on the VW website and when they arrived they were the **** stick on ones, but VW did refund me no problem when I showed them they were not what I asked for.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast