Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Few Niggles to sort out for my R36

Update on Stupid Purchases for those who may be thinking of doing this. I got a refund from Jaycar for the T10 "Canbus" LEDs for the parkers, then went and tried the Supercheap ones for $16 ish for two. These don't work either, so forget these ones too. They barely even blinked before the car said "Nup, these globes are garbage".

Bought some "brilliant blue" incandescent T10s as one of my previous ones blew upon reinstall, and these work fine but are the colour of the setting sun compared to the bi-xenons. Brilliant Blue my arse! Oh well at least the dashboard light is off until I can get my Boldsports ordered.

Here endeth the lesson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Screwdriverone; 21-04-2017 at 10:28 PM.

A Few Niggles to sort out for my R36

Looks like these T10 globes DO work in the mirror puddles as they take T10s also.... not very bright but look nicer than the sunshine globes. Well, working for now anyway. Time will tell.

Last edited by Screwdriverone; 24-04-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Users Country Flag
    If you're interested in sourcing a little closer to home, I've used Blingworks automotive for some of my LEDs. A little more expensive but free postage and reliable products

Thanks Sean. Great tip. I'll check them out

Cheers,

Chris

2008 R36 Reflex Silver Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmau5 View Post
    If you're interested in sourcing a little closer to home, I've used Blingworks automotive for some of my LEDs. A little more expensive but free postage and reliable products

I've also bought from blingworks. As Sean says a bit more expensive but the guys there are very helpful.

For the parkers in the past I had canbus LEDs which only lasted about 6-8 months. I've been told that this type of light gets hot and burns out eventually. Anyway I've now changed to high quality non-canbus T10 LEDs with separate canbus controllers. All up will cost you roughly $50. There's a little more effort involved installing but you won't be disappointed with the results.

As for the headlights I used a headlight polishing kit from 3M. I used prior to installing Lamin-x tint sheets. Worked a real treat. I was also a little nervous at the start. I found that I was only able to get rid of the shallow pitting though. The deep pits would have needed more time than I was willing to put into it. And anyway once the sheet was on you couldn't even see them anymore. I ordered the sheets and the restoration kit off the Lamin-x site. Can't remember how much all up but roughly $100 I think. If you aren't into tinting your headlights they have clear sheets as well which will still help protect the lenses once you've polished them.

Users Country Flag
    what are people using for their racks?

mine are also cloudy and scared to use autosol as its too harsh?
    2009 Volkswagen R36 Wagon
    1968 Audi F103 75L Coupe
    1966 Volkswagen Beetle Deluxe

I found autosol did barely anything to mine so I gave up and asked here. Yet to get anyone to answer..... sorry

Hills Eurohaus does the servicing for both my Golf GTI and R36. Top blokes, always there when I need them

Quote Originally Posted by Domatron View Post
    I've also bought from blingworks. As Sean says a bit more expensive but the guys there are very helpful.

For the parkers in the past I had canbus LEDs which only lasted about 6-8 months. I've been told that this type of light gets hot and burns out eventually. Anyway I've now changed to high quality non-canbus T10 LEDs with separate canbus controllers. All up will cost you roughly $50. There's a little more effort involved installing but you won't be disappointed with the results.

As for the headlights I used a headlight polishing kit from 3M. I used prior to installing Lamin-x tint sheets. Worked a real treat. I was also a little nervous at the start. I found that I was only able to get rid of the shallow pitting though. The deep pits would have needed more time than I was willing to put into it. And anyway once the sheet was on you couldn't even see them anymore. I ordered the sheets and the restoration kit off the Lamin-x site. Can't remember how much all up but roughly $100 I think. If you aren't into tinting your headlights they have clear sheets as well which will still help protect the lenses once you've polished them.

Thanks Dom, I'll give this a go. Some good tips there, thanks!

Cheers,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    Hills Eurohaus does the servicing for both my Golf GTI and R36. Top blokes, always there when I need them
    That settles it then. Hills Eurohaus sounds like the way to go. Cheers pandas.

Cheers,

Chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast