Thread: DSG problem

DSG problem

Hello all,
    In January I bought a 2007 Passat TDI wagon. It has travelled 188000 km's of which I have done about 7,000. It has been serviced by a VW dealer for all but the most recent service prior to my ownership. Yesterday when taking off I had some shudder and rough gear changes. After stopping at the lights I took off and it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear and the shift lights on the dash started to flash. I pulled over and turned the ignition off and restarted and drive slowly home with the gearbox shifting normally and no flashing lights. I drove it again today about 10 km's and it seemed to be ok again however after having done some research I fear the worst. I contacted VWA by email and got a call back from the dealership in Gosford? who have serviced the car and was told it was probably just a glitch and not to be concerned! Is this something I should follow up on with VWA? I pressume the gearbox has been serviced by the dealer at the 60000 intervals. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Pete.

Users Country Flag
    If you've asked me? Then at 10 years and almost 200,000km, I expect nothing. The car had passed its useful life.

Users Country Flag
    Book it in, and get it scanned.

The fault code will still be logged. Only way to know.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

central coast. Lake Macquarie. (Not Port Macquarie.)
    Quote Originally Posted by peters3103 View Post
    Hello all,
    In January I bought a 2007 Passat TDI wagon. It has travelled 188000 km's of which I have done about 7,000. It has been serviced by a VW dealer for all but the most recent service prior to my ownership. Yesterday when taking off I had some shudder and rough gear changes. After stopping at the lights I took off and it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear and the shift lights on the dash started to flash. I pulled over and turned the ignition off and restarted and drive slowly home with the gearbox shifting normally and no flashing lights. I drove it again today about 10 km's and it seemed to be ok again however after having done some research I fear the worst. I contacted VWA by email and got a call back from the dealership in Gosford? who have serviced the car and was told it was probably just a glitch and not to be concerned! Is this something I should follow up on with VWA? I pressume the gearbox has been serviced by the dealer at the 60000 intervals. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Pete.
    There telling you its just a glitch and not to worry ???
    Ive had good service from Gosford in the past, surprised by that comment.
    Not a nice thing to say but if its running ok at the moment , maybe get rid of it.
    Ask Gosford if the history is showing up replacement mechatronics unit.
    With 188000 it should have just had another gearbox service.
    I would not buy a DSG of that era unless the mechatronics had been replaced.

Users Country Flag

Do a DSG reset and sell it.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.