Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY - Changing HID bulbs on R36

Sounds like it would be simpler to remove the washer bottle?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraBora View Post
    Sounds like it would be simpler to remove the washer bottle?
    Actually that is even harder. Also requires the bumper to be removed as well as the head light. It is buried in the quarter panel and is sort of wrapped around the head light on the drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh right, well luckily I haven't needed to play with my headlights yet.

Users Country Flag
    Great work Domatron. Thanks for the write up. Nothing like pulling your car apart hey! They look quote tough without the grill on hey! Sort of like Darth Vader! Anyhow, thanks again mate.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    Argh why didnt you write this up about 4 months ago, i paid someone to replace mine after looking online and thinking this is too hard
    The factory bulbs must have a failure rate which is about now.
    R36

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    Argh why didnt you write this up about 4 months ago, i paid someone to replace mine after looking online and thinking this is too hard DIY - Changing HID bulbs on R36
    The factory bulbs must have a failure rate which is about now.
    They are rated for 3000 hours I think.
    So cars are getting on for 10 years which is about 1.2 hours of use a day.
    Seems legit.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

2 x D1S D1R Genuine XENON 6000K HID BULB compatible with 66043 66144 85410 White 870230017013 | eBay

Got my globes here, probably abit whiter than what I had. Cheers for the writeup

Users Country Flag
    I'm very happy to say that I never had to do this myself.

Got my R36 and one of the globes wasn't in properly and someone had put a wood screw in to hold the dust cover..

Had to have my front bumper replaced under insurance and asked if they could pretty please put a new bulb in (Supplied a pair) and I now have Phillips 6000k D1S' which are nice but were not cheap by any means.\

Nice writeup too, you put me off installing these for six weeks while I waited for my claim to go through :p

Users Country Flag

can actually do this without the removal of the front bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12