Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Courtesy door lamps in R36 2008 wagon?

Courtesy door lamps in R36 2008 wagon?

Hi all,

I noticed that in the Carsales specs when I was searching for my car, it was listed as having "courtesy door lamps - front" and rear?

I've had a look at mine and I only have a cruddy plastic reflector on each door, well, 3 of them anyway as it seems the rear passenger side one is gone...

I originally thought the fuse was blown because no red lights came on when the doors are open (only puddles) and am a bit disappointed that even the wife's Cooper S has them, but my premium sports wagon does not.

I bought some speccy third party lamps from Aliexpress with the VW logo on them but it seems there is nothing to connect these to, wiring wise?

Does anyone else have factory courtesy door lamps in their R36 or is this just a Carsales Wikipedia mistake???

Any ideas as to whether the new lamps (which should fit the holes) will have anything in the door to actually connect to ?

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    They need to be wired in, and then coded.

That is providing the door control modules have the capability.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    I think when it is referring to courtesy lamps it means the puddle lights in the side mirrors.
    There are no door lights. As Umai said you need to wire them up yourself and code the door controllers.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Bugger. That means I will need to know your preferred beer so I can impose on you to code them for me? When they arrive of course. I also wanted to ask now that I think of it, is there a code to change the red MPH speedo on the odometer to read KPH or is that a country dependent thing? Using the 0.0 button like the book says only turns the MPH off and not over to KPH. (Not that it matters too much anyway because the speedo is disgustingly over the real speed by about 10ks anyway)

Users Country Flag
    You'll need to know which pins to connect them to also.
    If you can't find them online let me know I'll see if I can find the wiring diagram.
    Big Speedo shouldn't show mph unless you have it set in the MFD to alternate speed or whatever it's called in the settings

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    You'll need to know which pins to connect them to also.
    If you can't find them online let me know I'll see if I can find the wiring diagram.
    Big Speedo shouldn't show mph unless you have it set in the MFD to alternate speed or whatever it's called in the settings

There is no setting for that in the MFD. I have the red 2008 MFD. the book tells me to press the 0.0 Odometer reset button briefly to change from MPH to KMH but it only turns it off. Convenience menu has no alternate speed option

Users Country Flag
    Ok that's weird. I've never owned a red MFD so unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with them but happy to take a look for you and check adaptation etc.
    There must be a way to change it as there would be no way an au delivered car would be stuck with mph

Last edited by kamold; 24-05-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks Julian. When I receive them I will PM you to organize a catch up and a diagnosis session. Cheers

So visited Mr Kamold today for some magic VCDS programming and now I have (well one anyway, until I install the other three) a working door courtesy lamp with bonus VW logo/projection puddle. Looks pretty cool if you ask me

Thanks Kamold! Courtesy door lamps in R36 2008 wagon?

Link to AliExpress
    Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com for anyone interested in this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast