Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Courtesy door lamps in R36 2008 wagon?

Users Country Flag

So, I have a 2008 red MFD version as well. Did you have to do wiring as well to get this to work? What coding did you have to do? Can you share. This looks interesting. Might look into it for mine. Cheers.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Hi Snerlo, yep you have to code the lights in VCDS, Kamold was kind enough to do it for me. I have put both rear doors in, but the kits for the front had the wrong size pins for the door plug, so I have to wait for some other ones I ordered to come in this week. Door panels are quite easy to get off with trim tools and two torc bits. Wire the rear door ones to pin 6+ and pin 18-. And the front wire 18+ and pin 19-. Here is the guide I used https://youtu.be/dbNYZVqKAms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    cheers mate.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Woot! All four working door lights now! Got the second setd of wires in the mail and they fit straight in, even have authentic cloth wrap on the wires which is nice. Pro tip: on the front doors, you unlock all the door clips and simply prop the bottom of the door out with a screwdriver or trim tool as the master connector with the pink clip has a cable long enough to reach around the door so you can pop in the cables and reassemble without having to take the top of the door plate off the window sill and disconnect all the wires and door handle cables. Simply out a tarp down and go in from the bottom. Both front doors took me 10 minutes total to fit! Looks pretty sweet now with all four done and the LED puddle panels on 😁

Cheers,

Chris

2008 R36 Reflex Silver Wagon

Nice work, it looks good. The logo is surprisingly clear too. I've been thinking of doing this to my gti for a while but too lazy!

Users Country Flag
    Looks great mate. Well done.
    OK, I am a little confused though. The link to the aliexpress sale says that they are the lights where you already have lights installed so it is as simple as replacing with the new ones. Considering that we didn't even have wiring available, where did you get the wiring kit from? Got a link for the front and back? In the post directed to me above you were referring to pin 18 etc. Where is this located? in the car or in the door somewhere? What about the coding. Got any hints on where to go to code it in?
    Thanks mate.
    Last edited by snerlo; 20-06-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Hi Snerlo,

They fit into the spaces where the door reflectors go. The kits for the lights i linked come with connector cables that wire into the door controllers inside each door. You first take the inside door panel off by removing the cover on the handle and unscrewing the T30 torx screws (2) in thw handle and 1 smaller torx screw on the bottom of the door ( 1 on back door, there are 2 small screws on the bottom of the front doors) and then pop off the door clips lf which i think there is about 6 or 7.

Then you can lift up the door panel off the sill, but you will need to disconnect the window switch cable and thw door connector cable and the lever cable to remove the doir card completely.

Then you can see the multipin door connector which has about 32 or 36 pins on it. You unclip the red safety (back doors, the fronts are a pink swivel clip) and unplug the connector.

As mentioned before, back doors plug into pin 6 for +ve and pin 18 for -ve and fromt doors are 18 for +ve and 19 for -ve. (Please double check above as is correct on my previous post. )

The cables for the lights should come in the box and i had a problem with one set of cables which has too large pins which wouldnt load into the connector. I luckily bought extras here

4x 50cm Wires For OEM Volkswagen Door Warning Light extension Cable/Harness/Connector/Plug/Sockets For VW Golf Jetta MK5 Passat
    Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
    (from AliExpress Android)

And these are EXCELLENT as they easily pop into the pins and have cloth wrap on them. I have a spare two cables in case you need them (as well as the other two that dont fit) if you get stuck like i did and get supplied cables that dont push in easily or at all. Just ping me if you need them and i will send them to you.

Once you have plugged in the cable for the door light. Simply load tbe light into the door card hole, plug it in to the new cable and refit everything.

You need VCDS to code the door lights on. The video says add 64 to the current number read from each door. Julian (Kamold) seems to have VCDS pro or something as I think he simply had an option he ticked to activate it, or a pop up table which he referenced.

Once coded on all 4 doors, you just need to fit them all and voila, VW logos on entry, with additional rear facing red safety lights, where there was only crappy reflectors before.

PM me if you get stuck and I can call you and explain it, if you get confused, or even if you want to simply have a chat.

Cheers

Chris

Cheers,

Chris

2008 R36 Reflex Silver Wagon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12