Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

soon.jpg

MY10.5 Candy White VW Passat .:R36 Wagon
    3.6L VR6 Petrol 220kW 350Nm
    RVC . 9w7 Bluetooth . OPS . MK7 Climatronics . Sunroof . Dynaudio Upgrade . RNS510 . 18" Alloy Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanMK View Post
    soon.jpg

Looks exhausting!
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

RVC . 9w7 Bluetooth . OPS . MK7 Climatronics . Sunroof . Dynaudio Upgrade . RNS510 . 18" Alloy Wheels

Out of action for a little while with some pretty severe hail damage from the storm. We will be back Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanMK View Post
    Out of action for a little while with some pretty severe hail damage from the storm. We will be back Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Sorry to hear about your hail damage. My R36 copped it too - All the skyward panels have dings in them - even the stainless steel scuff plate on the boot lip copped two dings. Sigh.

The irony is that I spent an hour and a half in traffic to get back to my office in Scoresby from a client site in Yarraville so that I could pick up some gear for a job I had scheduled in the morning. If I had just gone directly home from Yarraville and gone to the office in the morning to pick up the gear my car would have been safely inside the garage when the hail came through.

Interesting about the emergency braking and rain closure features, along with all the additional cool stuff that can be tinkered with using VCDS - I wonder why VW didn't enable those features from the factory? It would certainly have been yet another point of difference between the Passat and its competition. I doubt there's any legal or safety reason why they couldn't do it - the only reason I can think of is that VW needed to retain some differentiation between the Passat and the Audi A4 range.

Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

What a productive afternoon.

With the hail repair taking place soon I decided seeing as the roof liner is being taken down to pop the dimples out it would be a good opportunity to install my sub from my previous car (get the hail repairers to run the speaker cables through the roof and up/down the pillars.

As usual with everything else I do to the car I wanted it to be a clean and neat as possible.

I pulled out everything in the tailgate and removed the boot floor to allow me to run the cables away from sight.

I also took the opportunity to mount an LED CREE work light to the side of the sub up under the rear blind as I previously did not have a permanent fixing point.

The setup isn’t anything special, just enough so I can turn the bass down on the speakers so that I can take some stress away and then go louder and clearer.

The stock system was really good but you can’t beat an independent 12”

Last edited by passat_r36; 19-02-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Mount Macedon run with some others from the R36 owners club.

Small catch up we had recently.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by passat_r36 View Post
    Mount Macedon run with some others from the R36 owners club.

R36 owners club you say? And a meetup in vic? Where and how do I find out/ hear about/ join these? I can't seem to find the right forums...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast