Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

The DCC retrofit doesn't seem to be too complicated, just a lot of work. If you get the wires in, getting sensors placed and replacing the schocks shouldn't be too hard.
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by iampivot View Post
    The DCC retrofit doesn't seem to be too complicated, just a lot of work. If you get the wires in, getting sensors placed and replacing the schocks shouldn't be too hard.
    Feel free to come around and give it a crack I'm leaving that one alone.
    MY10.5 Candy White VW Passat .:R36 Wagon
    3.6L VR6 Petrol 220kW 350Nm
    RVC . 9w7 Bluetooth . OPS . MK7 Climatronics . Sunroof . Dynaudio Upgrade . RNS510 . 18" Alloy Wheels

Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

Just a couple of little VCDS tweaks i’ve done recently:

Tail light ring mod (disabling centre section when parker lights are on - still at 100% brightness when brakes applied).

Easy entry enabled on drivers side only.

Full interior LED replacement with relatively dull bulbs - don’t like super bright interior lights. still trying to work out how to disable footwell brightness while door closed/driving, currently at 100%

Rain closing feature enabled for sunroof and windows.

Lengthened the time the HVAC screen is displayed when changing temp etc.

RVC . 9w7 Bluetooth . OPS . MK7 Climatronics . Sunroof . Dynaudio Upgrade . RNS510 . 18" Alloy Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanMK View Post
    Just a couple of little VCDS tweaks i’ve done recently:

Tail light ring mod (disabling centre section when parker lights are on - still at 100% brightness when brakes applied).

Easy entry enabled on drivers side only.

Full interior LED replacement with relatively dull bulbs - don’t like super bright interior lights. still trying to work out how to disable footwell brightness while door closed/driving, currently at 100%

Rain closing feature enabled for sunroof and windows.

Lengthened the time the HVAC screen is displayed when changing temp etc.

Hi,

can i get more detail on;
    The rain closing windows
    Tail Light Ring Mod - video or picture before/after? still not quite clear on what this is?

i have OBD11 Pro - already enabled the easy exit & emergency breaking features, but i am curious about the other ones that don't already have the code written and i can write the manual code for

there is also some footwell lighting options in OBD11

Cheers,
    Mat
    Deep Black Volkswagen R36 Variant MY09
    Opts: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Sat Nav
    Mods: OBD11 apps? It needs some
    YouTube: That Car Channel

Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

Before and after Brendan's Candy White MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon

Rain closing is when you leave windows and/or sunroof open while parked and locked it will automatically close them when rain is detected by the RLS. Saved me once already in Melbourne’s bipolar weather.
    Last edited by passat_r36; 16-10-2017 at 12:46 PM.

i'll check mine as i am fairly sure that it looks like your 'after' when the park lights & headlights are on (typical of the 'first stage' in any normal tail light according to ADR)..

have you enabled the Emergency braking light sequence?
    above 100km/h - stand on the brakes - if flashes the brake lights at 100 % strobe a few times and adds Hazard warning lights.. i wish it did this at a slightly lower speed though - maybe 80km/h and above?

Quote Originally Posted by MatC View Post
    i'll check mine as i am fairly sure that it looks like your 'after' when the park lights & headlights are on (typical of the 'first stage' in any normal tail light according to ADR)..

have you enabled the Emergency braking light sequence?
    above 100km/h - stand on the brakes - if flashes the brake lights at 100 % strobe a few times and adds Hazard warning lights.. i wish it did this at a slightly lower speed though - maybe 80km/h and above?
    If you haven’t touched it both outer ring and inner section will be around 20% brightness as parker lights. I’ve simply disabled the inner section as parker light and left the outer section as is. Then when you press the brake pedal the inner lights up at 100%

Emergency braking flashing sequence is active from anywhere above 40km/h i’m told. you just really need to punch it at a lower speed to get it to flash. My MK5 golf did it at 50km/h confirmed if you really give it a push.

also i get what you mean with the auto closing feature - but i was more talking about the coding - i'm still a bit green - and i'm sure if i trawled long enough i would find my answer, is there a thread with the coding so that VCDS and OBD11 pro users can manually code these things?

also i get what you mean with the auto closing feature - but i was more talking about the coding - i'm still a bit green - and i'm sure if i trawled long enough i would find my answer, is there a thread with the coding so that VCDS and OBD11 pro users can manually code these things?
    I don’t know on the exact coding but on VCDS you need to check two different boxes to get it to work. Once enabled they you will get the option on your MFD to turn it on and off.

Users Country Flag

Try this -

in VCDS:
    * select control module 09 - Cent Elect.
    * Under Advanced Functions choose Coding - 07
    * Select Long Coding Helper
    * Under 3) click in the 5th window (this should read I think either 80 or 90?)
    * Under 4) select Bit 5 - Comfort Operation Windows/Sunroof via Rain Sensor (0 = nonrecurring/1 = permanent) and & Bit 6 - Comfort Operation Windows/Sunroof via Rain Sensor (Rain Closing) active
    * Exit (from the top Menu), next
    * Do it!
    * Message - Coding accepted (OK)
    * Next under Advanced Functions choose again Coding - 07
    * just above section Current Coding there should be a coding with a drop down menu
    * there would be few options there: 0 - BCM, 1 - Wischer, the option nb. 2 should say something like: RLS (RegenLichtSens) choose it
    * Click on the Long Coding Helper again
    * under section 4) check the Bit 2 - Rain Closing Active
    * then Exit (from the top Menu)
    * Do it!
    * Message - Coding accepted (OK)
    * On the bottom - Close Controller, Go Back - 06
    * Go Back
    * Exit
    * On your MFD go to Convenience and tick
    * Rain closure

Hope this helps and I have not left anything off. As always "All care taken but no responsibility accepted"

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast