Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system

Users Country Flag

Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system

Check out this crazy Android infotainment system.
    Replaces the climatronics panel with an on-screen version ala Tesla or Volvo...

10.4 Inch 1280*800 Touch Screen Radio for 2009-2015 VW Volkswagen MAGOTAN CC Android 4.4.2 Car Stereo bluetooth GPS Navigation Wifi MP3 Music Mirror Link Steering Wheel Control

Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system-quad-core-1-6ghz-cortex-a9-cpu-2009-2015-vw-volkswagen-magotan-cc-car-gps-system-s081713_02-jpg

Who's game?
    Last edited by kamold; 17-07-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    I possibly am but will have to read up on the unit a little bit more.

Also worried about Bluetooth quality on those units.....

Are you going to give one a try?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Not for me, I am going Discover Media.
    It's a cool concept though.
    I've seen a guy in Poland has installed one.
    Bluetooth can be hit and miss with some of those units. As can the software in general and also support.
    But full marks for creativity!
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Fair enough the Discover media would be much better.

I'll do some more research on that unit and will let you know if I go ahead.

Any one else keen?

Users Country Flag

Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system

So I bought it as the curiosity got to me:
    Here's some pics of the unit
    Front of screen:

Back of screen:

The brains or processing unit:

Main screen:

Google maps:

The unit is pretty good, functionality is there and everything works fairly well. The boot screen is displays "Mogotan" which is the Chinese b7 passat and also displays a b7 on the main screen. The supplier said this could not be changed unfortunately.

Aircon controls work well, including seat heating, front and rear demister ect.

Bluetooth works ok however there's no external mic and the mic it self if made for the LHD market as is positioned on the left side of the screen.

You can use radio and google maps navigation at the same time, however I installed Waze and it kills the radio app when launched. Possibly a memory linitation.

There's a native app which allows you to display your android/iPhone screen on the unit.

The screen is quite sharp and clear however it does pick up a fair bit of glare which reflects off its shiny/glossy surface.

The trim around the unit is plastic and not exactly a perfect match to the original brushed aluminium, I also don't need the hazard light switch on the unit as this car is a 2008, unlike the b7 which has the analogue clock in place of the hazard switch.

Still early days as I've only had about 2 hours of playing around with it.
    Last edited by rjt86; 27-08-2017 at 10:29 AM.

You crazy bugger, good on you for being the Aus beta tester!
    Be interested in a video if you get a chance

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Haha, always keen on trying new stuff.

I'll grab a video of it in action in the next few days

Now you won't need to buy a Tesla

Well done mate. I'm keen to see if this expands into other console matches... Very keen to see how it looks with mirror/carplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it go with the amp?
    Need a LOC?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast