Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system

Quote Originally Posted by 909OGO View Post
    Here we go, does this makes me the second person to trial the "Tesla" like infotainment system? Haha

Attachment 30244

Attachment 30245

Attachment 30246

Attachment 30247

Attachment 30248

Attachment 30249

So according to the seller in China, the unit I got is so called Version 3, which has air-con controls on both side of the screen, the one Ryan is using (apparently) is Version 1 which has less buttons BUT my unit came loaded with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat whereas Ryan's version 1 has Android 6 Marshmallow, go figure!

Functionality wise i assume is the same, i had highline RVC and needed the RGB converter box to make it work and it did.
    So is this beast pretty much just plug and play or is more needed? I have a Passat Alltrack b7 and wonder if it will be an easy swap out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is and it isn't, depending if you have RVC or not. My car is a Passat B7 wagon so your Alltrack would have the same layout.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I would be a bit hesitant on using anything with Kitkat owing to a few security issues with it. Good work there. How much was yours 909OGO?

Waiting for a hands on video from you and rjt86.

Reply to rjt86-Thanks for the response. I suppose half hour for you means 2 hrs for me lol, I was going to use with waze as well, I have a B6 with no Nav, so the question about the gps antenna. I had a look on the website again, the OBD2 is a separate connector, not builtin.
    Can you try doing a few things like getting into the climatronic service menu?

Looks great over all guys, although I am leaning a bit towards the "Old rjt86 version".

Quote Originally Posted by 909OGO View Post
    It is and it isn't, depending if you have RVC or not. My car is a Passat B7 wagon so your Alltrack would have the same layout.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yeah we have factory RVC and parking sensors.

Users Country Flag
    Very cool mod do you guys think its worth the $?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    Yeah we have factory RVC and parking sensors.

You need to run power and ground to the RGB to AV converter, the rest is pretty straightforward.

Users Country Flag
    Android Version on mine 6.0.1, it's interesting that they say mines the older model but somehow running the newer software lol....

I personally prefer the cleaner look of mine and have asked if they can make a frame without any buttons on it on.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    I would be a bit hesitant on using anything with Kitkat owing to a few security issues with it. Good work there. How much was yours 909OGO?

Waiting for a hands on video from you and rjt86.

Reply to rjt86-Thanks for the response. I suppose half hour for you means 2 hrs for me lol, I was going to use with waze as well, I have a B6 with no Nav, so the question about the gps antenna. I had a look on the website again, the OBD2 is a separate connector, not builtin.
    Can you try doing a few things like getting into the climatronic service menu?

Looks great over all guys, although I am leaning a bit towards the "Old rjt86 version".

You'll be right with the install, pull the trim off around your head unit, remove 4 torx screws, pull unit out then remove the quad lock, radio antenna, gps antenna and video plug if installed.

Pull out trim around climatronic, remove 4 torx, remove 3 plugs. Then install the new unit, it screws in to the 4 holes from the rns/rcd.

I doubt it has a climatronic service menu but can try it, I also need to see what vcds says about the new climate control unit...

Waze would work but it kills the radio app on mine , so I just stuck with radio plus google maps

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
    Very cool mod do you guys think its worth the $?
    I think it's worth it for the $, however it could be made a lot better if they take on our feedback.

Users Country Flag

Great job to the early adopters.

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Not for me, I am going Discover Media.
    I noticed the Discover Media doesn't look like it supports DAB+ for Australia, but admittedly I was looking at a VW UK site. Have you got a link to an Aussie version?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast