Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system

great work, I just saw this and would be interested. How long did the install take and are the controls link with the steering. I wanted to ask if you got the OBD option. ALso does it have a GPS antenna, did you get the rear view camera option?
    thanks.

That's wild! Do you think it's worth the $?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Appologies for the delay, been flat out with some projects

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Now you won't need to buy a Tesla

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    I got the poor mans version now

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcsteve View Post
    Well done mate. I'm keen to see if this expands into other console matches... Very keen to see how it looks with mirror/carplay

No worries I'll get a video by end of day Friday at the latest showing the functionality

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    How does it go with the amp?
    Need a LOC?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    No need for a LOC it mates with the factory quad lock connector and I didn't have to modify any wires or connectors at all. The r36 has dynaudio and it works with it, however the only issue is when a rns510 is coded for use with dynaudio it reduces the signal output to take into account the volume level after it's been amped. The Chinese unit does not have a dynaudio option or a way to drop the signal level output. Therefore the volume control from mute to 1, 1 being the lowest is like having the volume level just under a quarter on the RNS, it's still a quiet level but another gripe with the unit, there may be a way around this with a app or something.

The unit won't work with a factory reverse camera out of the box, as this unit does not have the usual rectangular plug for video. it therefore requires a RGB to Composite converter, this converter requires power and reverse signal wired to work. Something to keep in mind for those with a factory cam.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    great work, I just saw this and would be interested. How long did the install take and are the controls link with the steering. I wanted to ask if you got the OBD option. ALso does it have a GPS antenna, did you get the rear view camera option?
    thanks.
    Install took about 30min, It requires removal of the rns/rcd and the air con controls. Then plug all the cables in to the rectangular processing unit, a cable from the processing unit to screen & finally the 3 aircon plugs into the bottom of the screen directly.

Steering controls work well, volume up/down, mute (I didn't have voice control in this car) and the phone button to answer/ end calls. Something to consider with this unit is it does not display audio or navigation info on the MFD.

I didn't get it with the OBD option as it was not offered however it does have a USB connection, therefore you could download a app and hook it up to a OBD cable, maybe Bluetooth might work also.

The car came with gps from factory therefore it connected to the existing gps cable and antenna. It does come with a small magnetic antenna in the box also.

Rear view camera option- see my post above this which outlines this.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    That's wild! Do you think it's worth the $?

Cost me $580 shipped, I like the functionality and the many options of apps being android.

For example I could read and reply to emails, surf the net, stream music or video. I could even install the Tapatalk app on it and reply to you guys sooner lol (however I haven't driven it since the weekend) All this from unit in a car, to add obviously not while driving....

I'm still sussing out the Bluetooth quality, I've made a couple of calls and people can hear me, one mentioned that my voice was faint however. It works but would of been much better with a external mic or better yet, integrated with the mic used for factory Bluetooth near the map lights.

Users Country Flag
    wow! always liked the look of these but my experience with my last 4 android units have put me off these all together. keen to see some videos though!!!
    MY10.5 Candy White VW Passat .:R36 Wagon
    3.6L VR6 Petrol 220kW 350Nm
    RVC . 9w7 Bluetooth . OPS . MK7 Climatronics . Sunroof . Dynaudio Upgrade . RNS510 . 18" Alloy Wheels

Here we go, does this makes me the second person to trial the "Tesla" like infotainment system? Haha

Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system-1185596021_zpsnrh5hq4z-jpg

Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system-2122256162_zps8ractroo-jpg

Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system-901078468_zpshli6befv-jpg

Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system-683807678_zpsg139qfhy-jpg

Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system-1470075412_zps8sktxvub-jpg

Bonkers 10.4 inch infotainment system-1345418959_zpsbrh6xevk-jpg

So according to the seller in China, the unit I got is so called Version 3, which has air-con controls on both side of the screen, the one Ryan is using (apparently) is Version 1 which has less buttons BUT my unit came loaded with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat whereas Ryan's version 1 has Android 6 Marshmallow, go figure!

Functionality wise i assume is the same, i had highline RVC and needed the RGB converter box to make it work and it did.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast