Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery replacement for B7 Passat V6.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 00100100 View Post
    Hi all,
    I found this topic interesting because I also have a 2011 V6 Passat. So I am guessing my battery will die soon considering it is 7 years old.

What I am wondering is how are you sure that the OEM battery is actually AGM for this car? I took photos on the battery and there is nothing labeled with AGM on it. I also took screenshots in VCDS and it is set to "Wet Battery" not AGM. So it is the original battery AGM or not? I tried to find spec for the part number which is on the battery "5K0 915 105 K" but was not able too.

Attachment 33891
    Attachment 33892
    Attachment 33893
    Hi, I had a quick look in VCDS yesterday and did not find your VCDS screenshot. Would you please point me the steps?

The factory AGM is still running strong after more than 8 years. I use a Ctek mxs 7.0 to charge it if I dont drive too much.
    Last edited by Passat R36; 07-05-2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: typo
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    This was under 61-Battery Regulator - Long coding. However it might be different for the R36, you might find it under 9-Central Electric.

Quote Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
    The oem Varta battery in my 2011 B7 Passat TDI only last 5 years before crapping out so you done well to get 7 years out of yours IMO!

I think VW charged $450 for the AGM VW/Varta battery but then robbed us to charge $200 to install it fit it remove error codes etc..

Couldn't believe it, I definitely would have went to battery world, but I knew I had to get the battery coded and battery world had no idea about performing the registration process.
    My original Varta lasted only 3 years and bit, (on 2011 TDI), I had auto star killed from the beginning, guess heavy cranking and Battery sitting on the engine bay would not help.

Specially AGM batteries don't like heat.

BTW, - my second battery seems to be on the way out as well, specially when cold days, it's struggles a bit.

Dealer charged me $440 for my second Varta, they said ~$170 to install, then I said "give only the battery, I will install my self" I think they felt bad, and installed it for me for free. (I service my vehicle for them)

Resetting the regulator is quite important, so it will not over charge the new battery.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12