Thread: b7 adaptive cruise control

Users Country Flag

b7 adaptive cruise control

How difficult is it to fit this?
    I read Kamold's effort for the R36
    but if it would be as difficult for a B7
    2012 MY12.5 V6 Passat

Users Country Flag
    Will you really trust the retro fitted ACC?
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    B7 is much easier.
    You don't need to replaced the abs necessarily, but you have to mod it.
    Don't need new steering wheel control module (just a new account cruise stalk).
    Don't need to replace the whole centre console for a new epb button...

It's still not a trivial install but hit me up on pm if you want to discuss.

As for trust I always have my foot hovering over the brake as the car brakes and comes to a complete stop but that should be true of a factory fitted system also.
    It works brilliantly. Much better than my friends factory fitted system which has calibration issues and picks up the car one lane over to the right of his...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just a thought on it's difficulty really...
    So the radar for ACC is different to what is used for
    the emergency brake and lane assist?
    2012 MY12.5 V6 Passat

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    B7 is much easier.
    You don't need to replaced the abs necessarily, but you have to mod it.
    Don't need new steering wheel control module (just a new account cruise stalk).
    Don't need to replace the whole centre console for a new epb button...

It's still not a trivial install but hit me up on pm if you want to discuss.

As for trust I always have my foot hovering over the brake as the car brakes and comes to a complete stop but that should be true of a factory fitted system also.
    It works brilliantly. Much better than my friends factory fitted system which has calibration issues and picks up the car one lane over to the right of his...

Cheers Kamold
    2012 MY12.5 V6 Passat

Users Country Flag

Radar is used for ACC and front assist.
    Lane assist uses the camera mounted at the top of the windscreen. This is also used for high beam assist.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500