Thread: B6 Front Parking Aid fault 01625

Users Country Flag

B6 Front Parking Aid fault 01625

Hi there,
    Both front & rear parking sensors do not work on my 09my B6 R36 wagon, the parking aid on/off button light constantly flashes & when going into reverse I hear the rear chime once only, after carrying out diagnosis results in a code "01625 - Front Parking Aid Warning Chime (H22) 009 - Open or Short to Ground".
    So my question is where is this chime located ?, I can only hope it is contained within the Parking Aid ECU which would be an easy fix by simply replacing the ECU.
    Can someone please advise!
    Jeromen666

Users Country Flag
    The front buzzer has failed up under the drivers foot well tricky spot clipped in with 2 plastic rivets once this fails brings the whole parking aid down and the reverse camera

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by bushnut View Post
    The front buzzer has failed up under the drivers foot well tricky spot clipped in with 2 plastic rivets once this fails brings the whole parking aid down and the reverse camera
    Hello bushnut,
    found buzzer & replaced with a $14 one online from Germany, front & rear parking sensors now work perfectly, many thanks for your help in sorting this issue now resolved.
    jerome666

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome666 View Post
    Hello bushnut,
    found buzzer & replaced with a $14 one online from Germany, front & rear parking sensors now work perfectly, many thanks for your help in sorting this issue now resolved.
    jerome666
    As matter of interest, was the new buzzer any louder?
    My rear buzzer seems to fade out at times, considering possible replacement
    but don't know where to locate it
    MY13 Passat 130TDI Sedan. Autumn Brown Metalic, Desert Beige seats. Sat nav, Rev camera, Dynaudio, 12way adj seats. No ACC Previous Golf 118 TSI with ACC given to my son

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    As the parking sensors did not work from purchasing the car second hand, I cannot compare sound volume, however the loudness sounds exactly the same as my previous 07my Passat Wagon.
    unsure of location of rear sounder but you could lock the boot latch with a screwdriver whilst keeping it open to simulate it being closed & operate parking sensors & wave hand over sensor to listen for the source of the sound, I assume it will be near the tail light area, easier with the wagon model rather than sedan.

Users Country Flag

Hi
    I have the same problem as OP. Front buzzer not working. I can't locate it though. Is there any chance someone has instructions of where I can locate? I have removed all the drivers side footwell plastics and have no idea where this bugger is???
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk