Thread: B6 BKP Issue? :/

B6 BKP Issue? :/

Have an odd problem with my 07 passat TDI wagon with DSG box.

When cold, for probably the first km of driving it's very jerky if im just trying to hold speed. If im accelerating at a reasonable rate it's fine, it seems only to be if im trying to hold 30/40/50, any faster and it's fine. The problem disappears after about 1km of driving. Issue isn't present when warm either.

Also, I have the VCDS and controller thing for it, am I able to check engine codes etc with this? It's my partners car, she said it didn't start today and said contact mechanic, but then started after that.

I'm wondering if this could help? Or is this only if the transmission/mechatronics has been replaced?
    6-Speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG/02E) - Ross-Tech Wiki

Ran VCDS and grabbed the codes, the engine issue was G28 - engine speed sensor had failed. Seemed to have reset itself. If this reoccurs, may be an indication the sensor is on it's way out.

Does anyone know a part number for this sensor, and how difficult it is to replace? I'm reasonably handy (have rebuilt front diff on patrol before?), all the the VW is somewhat unfamiliar to me.