Thread: Advice please - windscreen washer motor

Users Country Flag

Advice please - windscreen washer motor

The windscreen washer on my B6 V6 Passat has stopped working and I'm suspicious that the pump motor has failed - either burnt out electrically or physically clogged. The motor (part 12) is clipped into the side of the washer bottle and I've found that it can easily be raised or rotated. Can the motor be removed from the plastic bottle when the bottle is still in the car by pulling it out sideways? Or does the whole washer bottle need to be removed from the car first so that the motor can be lifted out the top of the tube? Thanks.

Advice please - windscreen washer motor-etka-windscreen-washer-c-jpgAdvice please - windscreen washer motor-windsceeen-washer-jpg
    Last edited by 3C4M Guy; 01-04-2018 at 06:12 PM. Reason: delete unwanted image
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

No advice needed now. The motor came out very easily with the washer bottle still in the car.
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s