Thread: 2008 TSI Child Seat Anchor Points

2008 TSI Child Seat Anchor Points

Hi,

Importing our 2008 TSI Sedan from NZ to AUS and have been told that we'll need to retrofit CRA child seat anchor points to meet VicRoads registration requirements.

Looking through the rear of the car, I only see the luggage D-rings at the back of the boot. Nothing on the back of the split fold rear seats, and doesn't appear to be any applicable screw points on the rear parcel rack. Wondering where they are for normal AUS stock Passat's? The VicRoads import approval certificate company is suggesting they should be on the back, top of the split fold rear seats. My Google foo hasn't been able to find any details or pics supporting this.

Thoughts and advise appreciated.

Users Country Flag
    It has been a long time since I owned my 2007 VW Passat 2.0TFSI (B6).
    But if I recall, the seat anchor points where silver tabs (hooks) that come up from behind the rear seat headrests.
    I think I also had them on the back of the seat also.
    Here is a link that confirms / supports the above; Attn Volkswagen passat owners - Car Restraints - Essential Baby
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouth View Post
    Hi,

Importing our 2008 TSI Sedan from NZ to AUS and have been told that we'll need to retrofit CRA child seat anchor points to meet VicRoads registration requirements.

Looking through the rear of the car, I only see the luggage D-rings at the back of the boot. Nothing on the back of the split fold rear seats, and doesn't appear to be any applicable screw points on the rear parcel rack. Wondering where they are for normal AUS stock Passat's? The VicRoads import approval certificate company is suggesting they should be on the back, top of the split fold rear seats. My Google foo hasn't been able to find any details or pics supporting this.

Thoughts and advise appreciated.
    And how did you go with this...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

on my 2008 R36 wagon, the points are actually just behind the headrests.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque