Thread: 2008 Passat Wagon TDI - CD Player Error

Users Country Flag

2008 Passat Wagon TDI - CD Player Error

Hey Y'all!

Picked up my new car Friday and I cannot insert CDs into the CD Player. I press load and just comes back with ERROR. It's as though something is blocking it from going in.

Also, it's fitted with Ego Talk Bluetooth, now I can answer calls but they can't hear me (can't find a mic anywhere) and it won't let me play music via Bluetooth. My phone says music is playing through it but there is nothing coming from the car, I have tried scanning the FM and AM stations to no avail.

Any ideas on WTH is going on with either problem?

Another thing, my 12V plug keeps blowing fuses. Replaced it yesterday and again today :'(
    I have only used it to (all separately) charge my phone, NAVMAN and for an FM transmitter for my AUX cord, never had these issues with my trusty old Bora.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Now: 2008 Passat Wagon TDI 125kw 3C MY09 6 Speed Automatic
    2011-2017: 1999 Bora 2.0L 4 Cylinder 4 Speed Automatic (Retired at 320,000kms
    Non VWs: 1996 Astra (written off after 5 months - POS)
    2001 AU Falcon ute Dual fuel (Gas misfired and melted EVERYTHING under the hood after 1 1/2 months - Another POS)

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like there is either 2 cds loaded on top of each other or a load mechanism issue.

Ego talk aftermarket bluetooth does not support A2DP bluetooth music streaming. You would need to replace the head unit for one with integrated bluetooth, or install a factory BT module.

There should be a mic either on the A pillar or stuck somewhere around your dash somewhere.
    Unless they actually used a proper mic in the factory location in the head liner where you see the little grill.

What size fuse are you using? If it's only 5amp try a 10amp fuse. If you're blowing 10 or 15 amp fuses you probably have an electrical issue in that circuit.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the reply kmold.

Hmm.. Would the CD Player be a simple enough job to fix if it's either of the 2 suggested problems? If it's the loading mechanism would that mean replace it?

I looked and looked for a mic but couldn't find one (doesn't mean it isn't there though). Might see if I can get a factory BT module for it if I can get one for a cheap enough price.

Had a 20 amp in it but I bought some 15 amp fuses today so will see if that makes a difference as it blew another one this morning.
    Now: 2008 Passat Wagon TDI 125kw 3C MY09 6 Speed Automatic
    2011-2017: 1999 Bora 2.0L 4 Cylinder 4 Speed Automatic (Retired at 320,000kms
    Non VWs: 1996 Astra (written off after 5 months - POS)
    2001 AU Falcon ute Dual fuel (Gas misfired and melted EVERYTHING under the hood after 1 1/2 months - Another POS)

Users Country Flag

I checked and the 12v accessories socket should have a 20amp fuse.
    So put a 20amp in there.
    With the cd player you would really need to pull it apart and have a look.
    Unfortunately as with most electronic stuff if you have to pay someone to look at it it's almost not worth trying to fix it.
    Better off putting that money towards something new.
    But if you can use a screwdriver I'd try pulling it out and at least taking a look to see if there is an obvious physical obstruction.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500