Thread: My modified MK2 GTI for sale

Users Country Flag

My modified MK2 GTI for sale

It's time to move on so my MK2 is for sale.

This is a pretty special car. It's my daily and regularly does over 900 ks a week, driving to work and back home each day. It does this every work day without complaint and always puts a smile on my face when I get behind the wheel. Most of my driving is on country roads and I'm an old, old bloke so it's never thrashed. It may have done 305,000 ks but the bottom end is an Audi 2.0 litre 2E block with less than 150,000 ks and the head is the original MK2 reconditioned 35,000 ks ago.

It's fitted with Hottuning coilovers and bigger MK3 disks up front, 17's with good rubber, perfect uncracked dash and great seats. Even the drivers seat is in good condition. I used to hate the 17's but now that I've got a MK3 gearbox with taller gearing they suit the car. CV's were reco'd 35,000 ks ago and it has a Venom car alarm.

Everything works (all electrics, heater, power steering, central locking, dash computer, etc) which makes it real easy to live with. The only thing that doesn't work is the air-con which I've disconnected. NSW rego until May 2015.

It's not perfect. The windscreen is cracked (Camden GTI have one for $120), 2 of the small plastic covers in the sill covers are missing - you can just see one in the pic below, the dark spot just in front of the rear wheel. The bonnet is creased where it came loose one night and wrapped itself over the windscreen - you can see in the pic below. There's also 2 little bumps in the front of the roof where the bonnet hit. These are minor and you have to look close to see them. There's a single rust spot under the windscreen and another on the bottom corner of the front passenger door. That's all the rust on this car.

It's a great car to drive, absolutely hammers through corners but it's stiff on the suspension so don't expect a soft ride. With the bigger MK3 brakes it stops so much better than a standard MK2 GTI and the 2.0 litre engine turns it into the GTI these cars are supposed to be.

I'm only after $3950 which is great for what you're getting. Have a look on Gumtree to see what people are asking for their standard MK2's.

Build thread is here, warts and all.

Bought a MK2 GTI

Cheers

Paul

0458 450 seven four two
    Last edited by sports racer; 16-01-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: updated rego epiry date

Users Country Flag
    You said this when I tried to sell, Paul

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    You don't know how much you'll regret it when it's gone. Trust me.
    Last edited by RedMk2Gti; 26-01-2015 at 08:30 AM.

What are you doing with the 16v motor then.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I never said I was leaving the Golf scene, just that it was time to move on.

Taking your advice Stanton, 16v is going to get twin webbers and going into something sweet.

Yellow mk1 would be the trick !

Sure would.

You' re not as silly as I thought. Ha ha !

And you might not be the pain in the a$$ as you make out to be.

Cheers

Paul

Bump ..

Bump ..