Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mk1 2-door project rolling shell

Users Country Flag

Mk1 2-door project rolling shell

Time, lack of space, money, and shifting priorities have forced me to abandon my Targa/Track car project for this shell.

There is a bunch of spares old and new plus a (probably buggered) 1600 engine & gearbox. Set of chrome bumpers too.
    I'll post more pics up soon. Chasing $400ono for the lot

Cheers
    Last edited by GOLFBALLS; 17-08-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    -1990 Mk2 GTI 5-door with AMK 20vt (260hp @ wheels)
    -Arrow/Rotax 125 TAG X1E Go Kart

Ahhh damn you. 1 for it not being a roadworthy 2nd car for when mines down and 2 for making me seriously considering buying this one :O

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Door Shenanigans. View Post
    Ahhh damn you. 1 for it not being a roadworthy 2nd car for when mines down and 2 for making me seriously considering buying this one :O
    haha.
    Well, if you've got room somewhere for it, i'll take an offer!! Think of it as a project that you dont have to bother stripping as its all been done already ;P
    Bring a trailer and come get it!!

OK guys, something's come up today and I need this gone by wednesday next week (24th Aug).
    Remember it comes with all glass, brand new duckbill, OE mk1 GTI badges, some rubber seals, clips etc, all doors/panels plus some spare ones, a set of CHROME bumpers, a spare 1.6 engine (most likely need rebuild), and its all stripped ready for blasting/chem dipping. Its still rolling on its wheels. The major rust areas are the passenger front footwell which will need to be cut out and replaced, and some spots around under the front upper arches. There is a spot in the top left corner of the roof near the hatch hinge too, but its all repairable.

I'll drop the price to $300 for the lot and you can tow it all out of my shed!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Country Flag
    unfortunally to far for me

No local interest?
    Its funny how everyone is always saying "ohh i'd love a mk1 2-door to do up, but there's none around", and now there's one here and everyone goes quiet

Quote Originally Posted by GOLFBALLS View Post
    No local interest?
    Its funny how everyone is always saying "ohh i'd love a mk1 2-door to do up, but there's none around", and now there's one here and everyone goes quiet
    i would love to cut it up for spares and repairs , but unfortunatly i dont have any space, i live in a townhouse in mt lawley and the neighbours would go nuts if they heard a 9inch grinder !!

Here's some pics.
    The rusty bits are sprayed in red and are the worst parts, but its all repairable with some cutting and welding.
    The guards are a bit rough and u can see some rivet holes where the old body kit was attached.

Everything in the plastic tubs are included. Loads of spares, too much to list. What you see is what you get.

This stuff is BRAND NEW and some of it it GENUINE OE.

God damn if i had the space it would be perfect. But after the last project car went no where i doubt i'd be allowed it :S

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast