Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 VW Polo GTI Red with cloth seats

Users Country Flag

2006 VW Polo GTI Red with cloth seats

Well it's with a very heavy heart my Fiance and I have decided to part with the Devil. This is due to a few of the reasons culminating in the decision, such as taking a new job that's only a 10 min walk from home, a pending oversea's wedding and the onset of ankle biters. It was a toss up between Nat's Polo 77TSI and the Devil but the 77TSI has next to no K's on it plus 4 doors so it was the logical choice to keep. I will get a big 4WD or something more family and dog friendly later down the track.

Ok so the Devil won't be available for another 3 weeks but all test drive requests welcome to anyone interested. Plus any questions please call me (PM for mobile number). It's a car that needs to driven to be believed and is a pleasure to drive in all situations. My guess after the new full 3" exhaust system went in is it's putting out about 190fwkw however last dynoed at 174kW and 413Nm.

It's currently done 97***k's and mechanically perfect. It's a real testament to Jimmy and Gavin. It was serviced by VW for the 3 year warranty period and never had an issue not even the gear box. Then Jimmy put his magic and meticulous mark on it there after. I think it's log book was perfect just past the major 100,000k timing belt service that Jimmy did around 60K from memory. Before that he serviced it every 7500k's or so with filter change every time and only and still has only ever had Penrite Enviro oil. Good review here
    http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf

After the 60 or 70k mark Gavin has done all the oil changes never being longer than 9000k's in frequency but not recorded in the log book which I still have and the plugs were replaced every 15000k's. The car will have one more oil, filter and plug change before sold also. Plus has had the factory coil pack recall done. Only thing I will mention is there is a slight knock on the driver side front strut when you go over a bad patch of bitumen and on full lock to the right the tierod hits the swaybar but I think if you raised the front coilovers a bit this would go away.

Only ever and I mean ever had BP 98 in her also. The front tyres have about 60% tread left and the rear honestly look brand new. I also have a brand new EVO tyre I will include in the sale.

It's a 2006 model but wasn't registered until Feb 2007, and has cloth seats with paint protection and a good tint (sorry can't remember the brand).

For a car 6 years old it is in good condition with some usual stone chips in the bonnet and a parking lot scratch along the driver side quarter panel that stops on the door. And the interior is pretty immaculate for it's age too. And here is the current mod list with everything included;

Custom Code Stage III tune

3” cold air feed ducting
    Modshack VTDA with custom cold air 3” ducting inlet with K&N pod filter
    Custom alloy 3" MAF housing
    Custom 3" turbo inlet pipe
    Billet Turbo Ko3s Hybrid turbo with ceramic ball bearing conversion with Forge adjustable spring turbo actuator - yellow spring
    Forge Motorsport 007P closed loop diverter valve with yellow spring rated 15-23psi
    SEAT Sport intercooler - dual pass core
    Custom pipe work - 2" hotside, 2.5" coldside to TB
    ATP turbo hiflow exhaust manifold HPC coated
    Custom stainless steel 3” dump pipe with 4" expansion chamber & Magnaflow 100 CEL catalytic converter
    Custom 3" stainless steel catback exhaust with Magnaflow resonator & 6" round muffler with 42DD 4" outlet
    Phenolic intake manifold gasket

ECS lightweight crank pulley
    42 Draft Design Ultimate catch can with Morosso exhaust valve and PCV delete
    SAI Pump, N249 & N112 delete
    Wahler 71c thermostat
    Genesis II 500cc injectors
    Bosch 3 bar FPR
    APR high performance in tank fuel pump
    42 Draft Design aluminium shift cable bushings
    Deka lightweight ETX14 battery 12lbs 5.4kg
    Braille aluminum battery mount
    NKG BKR7EKT spark plugs
    Superpro sports dog bone bush
    Vibra-Technics Gearbox mount
    Vibra-Technics Engine mount
    Audi A3 custom drive shaft
    Sachs 228mm duty clutch plate
    Sachs clutch pressure plate
    ECS 14lbs light weight flywheel

Wiechers steel front strut brace
    Ultra Racing front lower control arm brace
    Ultra Racing rear lower brace
    Ultra Racing middle lower brace
    Whiteline adjustable front sway bar 22mm set on hard
    Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar 20mm set on hard
    Whiteline rear shim kit +3mm toe in reduction
    FK AK coilovers
    K-MAC front camber & castor adjustable top mounts
    Superpro anti-lift poly rear control arm bushes

Brembo 4 pot front brake calipers
    Remsa Master HPT front brake pads
    DBA 4000 312mm front slotted rotors
    Audi TT rear brake calipers
    Lucas/TRW rear brake pads
    RDA 256x20mm ventilated rear slotted rotors
    HEL braided brake lines

Enkei RPF1 17x8, 35ET, 15.5 lbs 7kg
    Federal EVO 595 215/40R17

MK5 Golf alloy steering wheel inserts
    SWG air vent pod
    Prosport Evo electronic boost gauge
    Prosport Evo electronic EGT gauge
    Prosport Evo electronic air fuel gauge
    ANS-420 touch screen double din head unit with GPS

Ford Focus RS bonnet vents
    APR Performance GTC-200 48" SCCA Spec. carbon fiber rear wing
    Rear bumper valance delete with JMF alloy bumper diffusers

Sharan antenna
    Badgless upper honeycomb grille

Now only $13,000 ONO Being traded soon

Cheers,
    Ant.
    Last edited by VWindahouse; 19-03-2014 at 01:30 PM.

NOOOOOOOOOOO
    but Good luck with the sale Ant, Guys this car is not just probably the most powerful polo in Australia that I know of but always looked after.
    Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    The price of the car rarely indicates driver ability/lap time.

It is a manual yes?

Users Country Flag

Dont poke and hope, scan, smoke and scope
    Users Country Flag
    This thing never missed anything it needed. Can vouch first being one of the best. Glws. I do recall the conversation about this day coming and know only too well how it feels , but you got to do what u got to do. I'll be happy to answer any questions relating to the car too.
    Cheers
    Jmac
    Alba European
    Service, Diagnostics and repairs. Mobile Diag available on request
    Audi/VW/Porsche Factory trained tech 25+ yrs exp
    For people who value experience call 0423965341

So cheap for all the effort that has gone into it! Would seriously sell my car for this one. Too bad I'm sure it will take me longer to sell mine that it will for this one to go.

Good luck with the sale. It's such an awesome buy for whoever picks it up.

Btw talk about the biggest understatement of an ad. title ever lol
    Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    The price of the car rarely indicates driver ability/lap time.

Users Country Flag

2006 VW Polo GTI Red with cloth seats

I remember this car passing my stage 1 mk6 GTI on the straight at lakeside at some speed - this car is quiccckkkk!!!

Good luck with sale mate
    Current ride: 2014 Range Rover Evoque 5 Door TD4 Pure | 9 Spd Auto | Fuji White | Black Leather | 19 inch 'Dynamic' Wheels

Previous rides: MY11.5 Golf GTI 5 door | DSG | Candy White | 18' Detriots | Bluetooth | K&N Air Filter | Dancing Dials (Oh Yeah!)
    | 1989 Porsche 944S2 Coupe| Guards Red| Leather| Sunroof| LSD

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jasn78 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOO
    but Good luck with the sale Ant, Guys this car is not just probably the most powerful polo in Australia that I know of but always looked after.
    Thanks Jase!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    This thing never missed anything it needed. Can vouch first being one of the best. Glws. I do recall the conversation about this day coming and know only too well how it feels , but you got to do what u got to do. I'll be happy to answer any questions relating to the car too.
    Cheers
    Jmac
    As always Jimmy you have my thanks. Certainly a massive, massive part of making this unique little car something special! I hope you can do it the honor of the Road Worthy Cert?

Quote Originally Posted by Pod View Post
    So cheap for all the effort that has gone into it! Would seriously sell my car for this one. Too bad I'm sure it will take me longer to sell mine that it will for this one to go.

Good luck with the sale. It's such an awesome buy for whoever picks it up.
    Thanks very much mate!

Quote Originally Posted by jasn78 View Post
    Btw talk about the biggest understatement of an ad. title ever lol
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Finance_Analyst View Post
    I remember this car passing my stage 1 mk6 GTI on the straight at lakeside at some speed - this car is quiccckkkk!!!

Good luck with sale mate
    Thanks very much mate! And that passing at happy laps was only at stage 2 different animal now lol.

Users Country Flag

Congrats on Wedding, Kiddies, etc but it will be a sad day when this goes.

Great car Ant, I have posted a link to this page on vwgolf.net.au on your behalf... Hopefully get it going to a good home!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast