Definitive Car

Thread: Paint chips

Users Country Flag

Paint chips

My car is a red colour and bit of the red have chipped off as spots and what not showing a white (base coat?) underneath.
    What's the best way to remedy this?
    Also, some of the white spots have also chipped exposing what I assume is metal.
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

bump for this.

call the dealership and order a bottle. $20.00

any alternatives?

Users Country Flag
    I slowly fill the chip with paint and rub back with 3000 wet paper. Keep the sanding close to the chip when it is good, give it a rub with some scratch-X or similar cutting polish. If you are repairing a metallic paint, mix a solution of clear and colour. You may need to do this a few times before you polish the repair.
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....
    http://photobucket.com/gregsr32

cheers for that.

got the nail polish style bottles from vw, instructions are in german but I imagine one's a primer (clear) and the other is the paint (green bottle). prime a layer, paint a layer, dry, paint a layer, dry, paint a layer, cut back.

this sound good greg?

Users Country Flag

The kit from VW is actually paint and clear coat, not primer.
    White Scirocco R
    White MK3 Golf 2dr
    White Caddy (Work Van)