Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best tyre shine/dressing

Best tyre shine/dressing

Been using Meguiars hot shine tyre spray, but noticed it does tend to leave splashes after I've driven it (maybe I am putting too much).

What is the best stuff out there? Foam, spray or wipes??

i picked up some of the Meguiars hot shine gel the other day and quite like it. 1 coat of that leaves the tyres looking very nice. If you want the super shiny look (which im not after) another coat will supposedly give you that.

Had been using 303 protectant stuff previously and it was alright on the tyres

Users Country Flag
    I use Autoglym Tyre Care and also Vinyl and Rubber Care. The Tyre Care is on special @ Repco now for $14.

I just use the tyre shine (think thats what its name is) spray can from Supercheap, always seems to be on special. with the cans, over spray can be a problem though...

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    I use Autoglym Tyre Care and also Vinyl and Rubber Care. The Tyre Care is on special @ Repco now for $14.
    +1. Awesome product and at $14 great value.
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Users Country Flag
    Aerospace 303 for me. Gives a natural sheen not shine. Will not fling off onto your paintwork though.
    I actually think that shiny tyres look abnormal

GTI MY16.5 PURE WHITE | LAKIN PLATE HOLDER | TINTS |

Im using this

Trim Restorer High Shine Trim Gel

Seems to be realy good so far, and it has been 1 week and the tyres are still shiny

Berry Blast Tyre Gel is like the megs one, however probably outlasts it by 2-3 weeks longer. Much more glossier and doesn't have any sling at all. Been using it myself for a few months now and also on a few cars (Polo and Passat etc).

Use a sponge to apply it, do all your tyres. Come back around and rewipe to make sure any excess is moved over and absorbed.

You want non shine, i would say then 253 from Duragloss for Matte/Satin Finish is the pick for you then.
    Car Care Products Australia

www.carcareproducts.com.au - 1300 006 007 - info@carcareproducts.com.au
    Sydney - Brisbane - Melbourne

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozram View Post
    Aerospace 303 for me. Gives a natural sheen not shine. Will not fling off onto your paintwork though.
    I actually think that shiny tyres look abnormal
    I have to agree
    2011 Superb Wagon Elegance 1.8TSI Storm Blue with: KESSY, 18" sports pack, panoramic roof, false floor, 3 spoke paddle shift, electric tailgate, MDI, blinds, tow bar, privacy glass, bluetooth and reversing camera

Users Country Flag

The best tyre gel I've used and is still using is Pinnacle Black Onyx Tyre Gel (compared to other ones I've tried such as Meguairs, Mothers, Autoglym). A little goes a long way and the tyre stays dark after washing too.

I used to use a sponge but I found it absorbed the product too much so I'm now using an old small micro fiber cloth and a glove to keep hands clean, by the end of application there's almost none left on the cloth and only use about 5-8ml for all 4 tyres. No sling offs either cos you only use what you need.
    2008 Passat 3.2 Wagon |
    2002 A3 1.8T | APR Stage 1| APR Downpipe | APR dogbone | Diesel Geek Shifter | TT pedals | Forge DV | Saikou Michi OCC | NewSouth Boost Gauge | AVUS Rims | Whiteline Rear Swaybar & ALK | N75J | BMC CDA | APR TIP & TB Hose |

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast