Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get that ultra gloss professional finish?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post

I would be happy to detail the exterior for you if you want and get it looking its absolute best, but you would need to leave the car with me for a full day and of course we would need to work out a price for my labour and products used.
    Hey lucas, what happened to your golf?

Thanks for the off do you want to PM me about what your thinking on price? I end up buying a DA cus i really want to learn to do it myself.

I had a go with the DA but it appears i made it worse.

So i just took some photos and vids to show you what im on about. Note these are not before and after these are both after.

So this is what im trying to get out (after my go with the DA)

How to get that ultra gloss professional finish?-dsc_0474-jpg

I would like to note particular direction the scratches, which are going from top of the screen to the bottom. Nothing going from side to side. Right.

Now this video is on the same area and i have not moved from the position i took the photo. And This is what the DA did.....
    Holograms? How do i remove these type of scratchs - YouTube
    This is the exact same area of the photo above i have just changed my angle to be directly above) And i pan back an forth a few times to show the difference
    So the top is my attempt with the DA (note the direction of the new holograms... They are going from left to right.... And when i pan to the bottom part remains which untouched by the DA you cant see anything.

So now my whole boot has scathes going across it when you look at it from the side (which was what i was originally trying to get out).
    And ALSO scratchs going from front to back induced by the DA when you look at it from above.

It really depends on which direction the light hits depends on what you see.
    Last edited by ZR36; 02-08-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I would suggest buying a few panels from a wrecker or panel beater if you want to learn how to buff. I wouldn't recommend learning how to buff on a nice black car. Black paint is very unforgiving if you make a mistake or burn the paint.

Although the DA polisher makes the buffing process easier, there is still alot of technique that is acquired over many years and many different cars in order to get the best possible result. What works on one car (eg a Asian car with soft paint) may not be applicable on a European car (with hard paint). Different polish products for different cars etc. Different pads. Different techniques etc.

If you want to pop around to my place on Sunday i could show you the basics and have a look at what you are trying to use (products etc). You may need to purchase some new/different products to get the best result.

Bit of a thread dig here.

My 2008 GTI is going to get a full detail to get it looking it's best again. It's not bad, but has not been polished/waxed/leather cleaned since new. (Never had the time ....)

I don't wish to do it myself but am looking for a recommendation for someone in Melbourne that knows how to treat a GTI properly, which rules out the shopping centre "detailers".

2008 Blue Graphite GTI DSG with Latte leather.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard View Post
    Bit of a thread dig here.

My 2008 GTI is going to get a full detail to get it looking it's best again. It's not bad, but has not been polished/waxed/leather cleaned since new. (Never had the time ....)

I don't wish to do it myself but am looking for a recommendation for someone in Melbourne that knows how to treat a GTI properly, which rules out the shopping centre "detailers".
    Check out professional detailing shops online not the car repairers tho lol

I got my car paint corrected from mitch at divine detailing he did a good job based in south east but he comes to you depending on what you need may have to take the car to his shop

There is dans garage and lots of others just ring them up and ask what they can do for you (and how much lol)

It will leave you amazed after your paint is done just don't expect it to be cheap with a 9 year old car which has never been corrected before but your paint will look like new with all the small scratchs and swirls gone

good luck make sure you post some before and after shots
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12