Definitive Car

Thread: Glass Spots

Glass Spots

I washed my car windows with glass cleaner, then I clay bar'd it as well, however when I pour water over the glass, the water still avoids these spots that look to be in the shape of bird droppings even though there were never any bird droppings on it and it's hydrophobic to these spots as it runs off the glass, any idea what these spots are and how to get rid of them?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Sheep View Post
    I washed my car windows with glass cleaner, then I clay bar'd it as well, however when I pour water over the glass, the water still avoids these spots that look to be in the shape of bird droppings even though there were never any bird droppings on it and it's hydrophobic to these spots as it runs off the glass, any idea what these spots are and how to get rid of them?
    I'm using AutoGlym Glass Polish on the cars in the family. Has removed some minor scratching on one window and is a great product for clean windows. Just don't use inside if you have aftermarket tinting. Might help. You can buy from Repco, SCA, Autobarn and so.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dinot81; 17-07-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

I have heard of AutoGlym, but haven't tried it. I figure it's ammonium based glass cleaner?

Here's a photo of what I'm talking about... this is after washing the windows with glass cleaner and clay baring them as well.

Glass Spots-20170718_125439-jpg

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Sheep View Post
    I have heard of AutoGlym, but haven't tried it. I figure it's ammonium based glass cleaner?

Here's a photo of what I'm talking about... this is after washing the windows with glass cleaner and clay baring them as well.

Glass Spots-20170718_125439-jpg
    I have seen something like this before. Autoglym might help with proper polish. Repco has 20% off for autoclub members this month. I go over my windows (outside only) with liquid wax after washing and coat the entire car with it. Use autoglym twice a year inside to get crystal clear vision. Again in case you buy, not suitable for aftermarket tint if used inside.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof