Definitive Car

Thread: Best way to fix stone chip damage

Best way to fix stone chip damage

Hi guys,

I picked up my new Polo today and within 15min of driving out of the dealers lot some ****wit line trimming the highway with a big brushcutter sprayed a load of gravel into the traffic and blasted my car

Have about 5x chips through the paint and down to bare metal. Even copped a chip out of drivers side window... One bonnet chip even has a smell dent ffs

I'm not sure how to approach repairing it.

Are those chip and road rash repairers that come to you any and do it in your driveway any good?

How about a DIY paint system like the Chipex kits?

Should I just go to a panel shop?

I could just leave it but will the chips grow with time? It'll also drive me mad.

Am in Brisbane and work in Springfield, Ipswich if anyone has a business recommendation.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Call the dealer and get a touch up kit, just give them your VIN. For $25 you get a little pot of base coat and a pot of clear. If you want to try it yourself, I use this method, just without the wax step.

YouTube
    | 2016 VW Golf R 7 | DSG | Pure White | Leather | Sunroof | Driver Assist | JB4 |
    | 2003 VW Golf SE | Auto | Silver | Sunroof |
    | 2010 VW Golf R 6 | Manual | Leather | ACC | 19s | Black Pack | GIAC Stage 2+ |

The sales guy said he couldn’t get me any. But I’ll check with the service dept and see what they they say.

Thanks doe for the video link

I like the way this touch up is done.
    How to Touch-Up Rock Chips On Your Car

If I can remember the name I'll post up the tool you can use for shaving paint if the touchup is too high.
    Edit: Ultimate Blade
    Vid here YouTube
    Last edited by crash486; 13-04-2018 at 07:47 PM.