Definitive Car

Thread: autobrite snow foam lance problem

Users Country Flag

autobrite snow foam lance problem

Hi all,

The metal gauze plug in my autobrite snow foam lance that is a year old appears to be clogged with solidified snow foam. It is responsible for mixing the snowfoam with the water to produce the excellent foam that these things are known for.
    see this diagram for the bit I'm referring to:
    Autobrite Foam Lance - Spare parts diagram. - Detailing World

I have tried cleaning it with acetone, kerosene and boiling in water for a few hours but it still won't work properly. Any ideas on how to clean it?

To buy a new one from Autobrite (including shipping) will cost about 25 pounds from the UK!

I suggest people always run some water through their lance after using it to stop this happening to them. This should be recommended by the suppliers when you buy the thing but is not. A bit disappointing..... as I had no idea such a tighly-packed gauze plug was in the thing....
    Last edited by darkfriend; 14-05-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Golf VI GTI MY13 Candy white/ DSG/ Detroits/ tint/ reverse camera/ parking sensors
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon (Silver/DSG/Tech pack/ Black pack)

Users Country Flag

autobrite snow foam lance problem

I don't have one nor have I seen one but have you tried soaking it in washing powder? That oxi action gear get lots of stuff clean.

Users Country Flag
    Have you dismantled it to clean it?

If you haven't and are feeling brave follow this guide:

Servicing a Autobrite H/D foam lance - A 20 step quick guide! - Detailing World

Or if you bought it from one of the local suppliers have a chat to them. They may be able to sort out getting it cleaned for you.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Definitely try give it a good service as unfortunately if you do not regularly clean them they can become clogged. We have been lucky ours is now over 3 years old no issues so far!

If you do require a new filter or further help, you're welcome to email us on info@carcareproducts.com.au
    Car Care Products Australia

www.carcareproducts.com.au - 1300 006 007 - info@carcareproducts.com.au
    Sydney - Brisbane - Melbourne

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Have you dismantled it to clean it?

If you haven't and are feeling brave follow this guide:

Servicing a Autobrite H/D foam lance - A 20 step quick guide! - Detailing World

Or if you bought it from one of the local suppliers have a chat to them. They may be able to sort out getting it cleaned for you.
    I did take it apart. It does appear that gauze plug is clogged. It would be nice to replace the gauze but can't find anywhere in Australia that supplies the part. I bought it from Car Car Products..
    Golf VI GTI MY13 Candy white/ DSG/ Detroits/ tint/ reverse camera/ parking sensors
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon (Silver/DSG/Tech pack/ Black pack)

Users Country Flag
    have you contacted Car Care Products for spare parts yet?

I'd also try an ultrasonic cleaner with some of the above mentioned solutions. Use a small glass with your filter and solution and put the glass into the ultrasonic cleaner water to try and unclog it. I use this method for cleaning lots of things.
    \( O ) o\====(\X/)=TDI=/o ( O )/ 2011 Jetta Mk5 125TDI - Squidly

((o)(O))====(\X/)=TDI=((O)(o)) 1996 Golf Mk3 TDI - Squid

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkfriend View Post
    I did take it apart. It does appear that gauze plug is clogged. It would be nice to replace the gauze but can't find anywhere in Australia that supplies the part. I bought it from Car Car Products..
    Did you see the post by Car Care Products just above yours?
    If you do require a new filter or further help, you're welcome to email us on info@carcareproducts.com.au
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS