Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass confusion for Paint Protection

Users Country Flag

Mass confusion for Paint Protection

Allo,
    Guys I'm about to pick up my new Tiguan, I have been offered paint protection via the dealer which by just reading online is a load of crap. So I am in the process of ringing up some independent detailers, but the range of coatings, waxes, sealants to choose from is so confusing. There are 100's to choose from!
    So after doing some research I am narrowing it down to three after doing research on the name of these.
    1. Opticoat
    2. Ceramic Pro
    3. Cquartz Finest

Just not sure which one I should choose, anyone have any idea about these? I have only heard of the first one before I had done my research. But the detailer was busy and could not go into great lengths about it. The last one (Cquartz) the detailer explained a great deal to me but Im just confused as. I have not rang up a detailer who does ceramic pro as of yet.
    It is for a black Tiguan, picking up hopefully this week.
    Cheers
    Tommy

Tommy,

Theres quite a lot around to choose from, and ourselves we do Nanolex from Germany (True nanotechnology) and have done many many, many... many VW's including a lot of members of the forums so have a search through and look to add to some more confusion.

Realistically all will give you 2-3 years protection regardless of what they tell you, and this is whether you go Nanolex (nanotechnology), opticoat (polymer), gtechniq, 22ple (glass coating), ceramic pro (glass coating), cquartz (polymer resin) or who ever you decide to go with.

At the end, if you do not look after your car and maintain it the coating will diminish regardless. Take into consideration more than anything a few things, and that is; are you happy with the detailer, have you seen their work, price to your budget and of course again are you willing to maintain any coating you get.

Quite a lot of good detailers around these days so give them a call as well. We can also recommend Nick from Mr Detail (Prestige Car Detailing Melbourne, Car Detailer in Melbourne, Car Paint Protection Melbourne - Mr Detail - Prestige Car Detailer in Melbourne) as well which quite a few forum members have used.
    Car Care Products Australia

www.carcareproducts.com.au - 1300 006 007 - info@carcareproducts.com.au
    Sydney - Brisbane - Melbourne

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Great, another one to think about lol. Thankyou for your input, will contact your recommendation and see what he says.
    Ta
    Tommy

See this thread for a recent happy customer of Mr Detail: Mr Detail - Murrumbeena Victoria

After reading this I booked my new car (also a Passat Alltrack) in to get the full Nanolex treatment (paint, wheels, glass, interior) from Mr Detail next week.

Currently also in the market for some paint protection, hopefully this thread clears things up a bit! Unfortunately I'm in brisbane though!

Also be interested in what people are paying for these protections.

I was leaning towards opticoat, I just can't be assed doing the full wash/polish/wax anymore. I'm too picky and it takes me too long!

Users Country Flag
    I've had opticoat for a few months now and was happy with the outcome - but that was mainly down to the fact that the local opticoat guy was close by, good to deal with and had a huge portfolio of his work online so it was clear they knew what they were doing. As carcare says above, I think pick out someone you're happy with and use one of the good products listed above and you should be ok.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Well, I have decided to go down to the Cquartz Finest option. Booked in for 3 weeks time. I just felt the most comfortable with price and also that I will be getting 2 layers of it, (not sure how that works) but I felt comfortable with him most on the phone. And quickly reading up on the net, it looks like and hope its a very good product. Thanks.
    Tommy

Users Country Flag
    I rely on the fact that new cars shouldnt need it and wash my car when its dirty and that does it 2 Years and it still looks good.

Got caught once by a stealer Never again.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Good choice Tommy, CQuartz finest is a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I rely on the fact that new cars shouldnt need it and wash my car when its dirty and that does it 2 Years and it still looks good.

Got caught once by a stealer Never again.
    Keep in mind a new car has been through a lot before it gets to you, it would suprise you how contaminated the paint on a brand new car can be.

Coatings, sealants, waxes etc. are a sacrificial layer that protect the paint on your car from contamination and UV damage. Plus, they all have hydrophobic properties so any water or contamination can be removed from the car more easily therefore keepng it cleaner.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Good choice Tommy, CQuartz finest is a great product.

Keep in mind a new car has been through a lot before it gets to you, it would suprise you how contaminated the paint on a brand new car can be.

Coatings, sealants, waxes etc. are a sacrificial layer that protect the paint on your car from contamination and UV damage. Plus, they all have hydrophobic properties so any water or contamination can be removed from the car more easily therefore keepng it cleaner.
    This is exactly what the detailer said about contamination even before I get the car and he de-contaminates it no matter what. Said he will not put the coating on at all if he does not do that. He also said he will assess the car to see if any scratches or swirls are present and repair them before the protection goes on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast