Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: VW Queensland Raceway Breakfast and Laps April 9th

Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    Given the intent of happy laps, there really should be near on zero chance of any contact with anything. Safer than a mountain run, all heading in the same direction, high visibility, etc. Y'day was a great morning, QR absorbs speed differences much better than Lakeside which makes is much safer all round too.
    Totally agree, but we aren't insurance companies with zero common sense...
    Yea QR is a lot safer as you can see around corners and more straight parts.

Great day all in all
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag
    That for me was the most enjoyable session I've had so far. I think it had a lot to with driving the sprint circuit and QR feels much safer which gives you the confidents to push your car harder than Lakeside. I really enjoyed the two right to left corners at the back of the track leading onto the front straight.

Thanks for having me guys (was in the Focus RS with silver wheels), really enjoyed it. First time at QR & first time with the car on track so it was good to get out there and plod along trying not to get in everyone's way.

Enjoyed the circuit & as mentioned it's a lot more forgiving than Lakeside so I didn't spend half my time there ****ting myself at the prospect of getting cozy with a concrete wall.

Would love some photos if anyone has some? I have some in car footage from the start of the session which I'll aim to upload shortly.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

VW Queensland Raceway Breakfast and Laps April 9th

I'm so happy everyone had a best time at QR.

Next event is up on the forum and is at Lakeside Sunday July 9
    Lakeside Raceway Brekkie and Happy Laps - Sunday July 9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by prh1973; 10-04-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to disappoint everyone (should have checked before making my offer).... but I actually DON'T have any pictures from yesterday's Happy Laps. An issue with transferring the photos to PC has corrupted all of them

I DO however, have a series of short videos (1-2 minute clips), including turn 1 at end of front straight that seem to have worked.

I've created a dropbox account for this and the link is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mfe5u1oip1nr00f/AAAM3b66Wc8q4E0iA2nnw4SJa?dl=0

Anyone is welcome to check out the videos there.

I've also uploaded all the photos that other members have posted on the various forums & facebook pages as well. I had an OCD moment and edited them to remove number-plates, I know some members are funny about that, so apologies in advance to the original photographers - if there's any issues and you wish the photos removed, let me know.

It's superfluous now though, as all the photos are already out in the public eye, but it's done now so I'll leave it at that.

If anyone has any photos, videos or files they would be happy to upload, let me know and I'll try to work out how to provide a link for uploading.

As time permits, I'll add more and more files to this dropbox (eg: VCDS & OBD11 codings, so they're easier to find). Not sure if it will be any easier to find than just searching the existing forums or facebook pages, but we'll see how it goes.
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Paul,
    Nice day Great people what more can you ask for!!!
    Here are some photos.
    Lucas.
    https://www.facebook.com/glkcarscene...64461360447511

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by lk265r View Post
    Thanks Paul,
    Nice day Great people what more can you ask for!!!
    Here are some photos.
    Lucas.
    https://www.facebook.com/glkcarscene...64461360447511
    Awesome pics thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910