Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VW Nationals 26th and 27th of May 2018

Users Country Flag

VW Nationals 26th and 27th of May 2018

VW Nationals 2018 (taken from the Club VW site)

This year's events will be held on the 26th and 27th of May 2018

The Super Sprint is Back! On Saturday the 26th the Nationals Supersprint will be held at Sydney Motorsport Park, Eastern Creek.

We’re back at this famous Sydney track, on the south ‘Aamaroo’ circuit. VW racers wanted, air or water-cooled. Stock vehicles are OK! CAMS licence and helmet required.

Phone Rudi Frank on 0418 442953 for information on licencing, registration and entry details.

The Show and Shine will be on the Sunday at Fairfield Showgrounds. Australia’s biggest Volkswagen show! 45 show categories, concours class, trade stands, swap meet, new VW display, kids rides, Club shop, German dancing, musical entertainment, great food and drink, VW fun for the family all day.

If you would like to have a trade stall or have any early questions, please contact David Birchall via email or on (02) 9534 4825.

The Show & Shine is once again at Fairfield Showgrounds, Smithfield Road, Prairiewood. There is a huge undercover area for Show & Shine, Dealer Displays and Swapmeet.

**All details subject to change **

Programme:

7:30 am - General admission gates open

8:00 am - 3:00 pm - Car Show assembly & Swapmeet

10:30 am - Car Show Entry Closes

12:30 pm - First Raffle Draw

12:30 pm - Peer Judging Forms CLOSED

2:30 pm - Engine Blow

3:00 pm - Final Raffle Draw & Trophy Presentation

Gates open at 7:30 am for entrants, Traders & Swapmeet setup.

Entry Fees:

General Admission: $10.00

Children under 16: Free

Swapmeet sites: $50.00 (includes 1 show entry, additional entry tickets may be purchased on the day if needed)

Sell your Vehicle (inside the grounds): $50.00 (includes 1 entry)

Show and Shine Entry: $30.00 (includes 1 show entry for the driver, additional entry tickets may be purchased if needed)
    Last edited by sports racer; 18-04-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    2018 Race Event

Friends in Motorsport,

On behalf of Club VW Sydney I would like to extend to you and your fellow club members an invitation to attend our 10th Annual Supersprint in conjunction with the VW Nationals car show. The change of venue was a popular move last year so we return to Sydney Motorsport Park at Eastern Creek where we will again be utilising the Amaroo (south) circuit. The event will be held on Saturday 26st May 2018. All makes and models are welcome. VW group vehicles will receive preferential entry up to the end of April 2018 when entries will be in order of payment.

The event will be held under a CAMS event permit and follow the CAMS NSW guidelines for supersprints.

The cost for ClubVeeDub members will be $190 and $220 for non-members. Entries must be received no later than 17th May 2018. Entries received after this date will incur $30 late fee and be accepted subject to organisers discretion.

In closing could I also request that if any of your members who may wish to help out on the day and are CAMS qualified in the roles of flag marshals or scrutineer we would greatly appreciate any help that may be offered.

Chris Fraser

event secretary

Contacts:

Please email all queries to the event secretary.

supersprint@clubvw.org.au (preferred)

0423 189 679 mobile

Users Country Flag
    Not long now. Open to all makes and models so feel free to share with anyone who might be interested.

Club Veedub Supersprint 2018

Hi All,
    So who's running in the sprints and what car/set-up?

For sprints, do we require CTP extension? I've only ran under CAMS once in QLD and required this, but didn't see mention of it.

Thanks
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Bringing the Mk1 up mate.

No need for CTP.
    Cams L2S licence

Users Country Flag
    A $20 late entry fee applies from Friday 18th

Users Country Flag
    Will you have an entry list up soon ?
    Bug_racer supports the rebellion of the euro revolution

Users Country Flag
    Entry list for the Club VW Supersprint. entrylist for web.xlsx - Google Drive I will update it as new entries come in. If you know anyone who should be on but isn't, let me/them know. Don't panic, we'll fix it.

Anyone in class X means I can't work out what class it should be in. They can stay in class X if they wish or look online at the NSW supersprint classes and let me know where they should be and why. Same if you think I have you in the wrong class http://supersprintnsw.com/wp-content...egulations.pdf

Anyone without a car number should choose one.

Electronic timers are provided free, you will pick them up from the control tower on race day. Cars will be put into groups according to their expected lap times. If you havent already provided it, can you let me know what time you might run. If you havent competed on the Amaroo circuit we can estimate based on another circuit or just take a stab. supersprint@clubvw.org.au

Users Country Flag
    To remove some confusion, there is no longer a passenger ride activity planned for the event. In addition it appears that people were under the impression that they would be able to take friends around for some hot laps. Under the CAMS regulations for the event that was never going to be possible. As stated in the regulations the passenger would have to have been acting as an instructor not a joy rider. Sorry for any disappointment

Dare I say grouping for me - mid to faster end of the field thanks.

Lakeside, QLD - 62.8s
    Wakefield - 71s (years ago and on old tyres, first time)
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast