Tim
    Josh/Golfman
    James/Waterboy
    Ryan/Bflat
    Jarred
    Tony/Kinezo
    Matt/V666
    Ben/Ben_GTI

We have done this weekend away for the past 2 years and im now Looking to possibly organise this event again but wanting to gauge interest first. Realistically we need a group of 10 - 15 people to make it a top weekend away!

Tentative date: First weekend of March (I havent yet confirmed availability of accomodation etc so its still open for discussion)

This date also co-insides with the Bright rockabilly festival which added an interesting touch to last years event.

Friday
    Meet point: Cooper st BP on friday afternoon/evening (Hopefully 4PM if anyone cant make it by that time please let me know)

Leave melb in the arvo/early evening for the 4 Hour drive to Harrietville. (people can have a choice to head up on the sat morning/arvo if they wish in a second group) It is essential that we top up with decent fuel before getting to Harrietville.

We will be spending 2 nights (friday and saturday) at marmot lodge. Details of the lodge can be found here Marmot Lodge - Harrietville - Wine and High Country, VIC
    The place has 5 bedrooms with 22 beds (A mixture of double beds and bunks etc.) and 3 bathrooms.

Saturday

Do a 250k circuit with a couple stops along the way. Anyone arriving on the saturday can opt in or out of this one given they will have made the 350k drive up from melbourne. But they would need to get to Harrietville quite early.

After completing the circuit and returning to the lodge we can kick back and relax, have a meal and a drink or 6. The following facilities will be available for our use

• Games Room.
    • Large Kitchen.
    • Spacious Living Room.
    • TV, DVD, Stereo.
    • There is also a Pub across the road that does a mean Parma

Sunday
    We can drive the epic great alpine road. Up Mt hotham towards omeo then home via Bairnsdale or just return home via the hume the same way that we arrived.

Sunday night we pass out at home after the 1000 - 1200km round trip in 3 days.

The price for accomodation will be roughly $85
    Other than that be sure to have some cash available for 1200kms worth of petrol and food. This weekend can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be.
    Last edited by Tim; 02-01-2012 at 12:27 PM.

PERFORMANCE, STYLING AND OEM PRODUCTS FOR YOUR VW

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

Tim can I be your passanger?

coming back through the ghetto!!!
    hopefully make this, wont be taking the bora though, how much heads up do you need Tim? I'm still unsure what times im studying what next year

Users Country Flag
    I'll be there again. TOP WEEKEND
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

I'm very keen, as always.

IN.

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Since im back at uni im in!!!!

Have spoken with the boss after not getting to bring the new toy on the maroondah dam cruise due to an engagement party so I will say a tentative yes at this stage, if I'm in the country and I'm not out somewhere doing product testing....

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    Have spoken with the boss after not getting to bring the new toy on the maroondah dam cruise due to an engagement party so I will say a tentative yes at this stage, if I'm in the country and I'm not out somewhere doing product testing....
    Having only just bought my car after this years cruise i'm definitely down for this one...looks like a whole lotta fun

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    coming back through the ghetto!!!
    hopefully make this, wont be taking the bora though, how much heads up do you need Tim? I'm still unsure what times im studying what next year
    Well this is the difficult part.
    The accommodation needs to be booked in advance to secure it. This costs money so I need firm commitments with payment up front at the time of booking. I dont want to end up out of pocket due to cancellations like last year. If someone backs out after a firm booking has been made I dont get a refund.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Water Boy View Post
    Tim can I be your passanger?
    Some ballast could be handy

But certainly there is a lot of driving to do. Going 2 up in a car helps make it far more entertaining

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Anyways seems like a bit of interest so far so she could be a goer. Is everyone happy with the date? As mentioned I picked it to co-incide with the Bright rockabilly festival which was a bit of fun last year too.

PERFORMANCE, STYLING AND OEM PRODUCTS FOR YOUR VW

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

Users Country Flag

I would be down for this! Shotgun with j-rad or sheepy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast