Support VWWC

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Queensland Raceway Happy Laps (v.5) 27th May 2012 (breakfast)

Users Country Flag

can't make this now sorry...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by leitch View Post
    Would love to come to this but unfortunately the Sunday doesn't work for me.

I will keep trying though, haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    can't make this now sorry...
    I've taken you guys off the list - thanks for letting us know.
    Redline3345 MY11 Octavia vRS Wagon TSI DSG | Brilliant Silver | Milltek cat back exhaust | Bilstein PSS10 | TSR Panorama | Remsa | Leather | Sunroof | Towbar | Front Sensors | Boot Protector | Xenons | Corner Fogs | Alarm | Extended Warranty | Superskoda Bits & Bling

Just a bit more "housekeeping" info - In previous years when I went to QR for sprints, we were advised that if we got stuck in the gravel it was too bad and we needed to "extract ourselves" - hence we would all take snatch straps etc to help each other. I contacted QR regarding logistics of getting stuck in the gravel traps now, and they advised that there's no problem with assisting in removing anyone from gravel traps if they get stuck. Probably pertinent though, that they may not get to you immediately, so you may have to miss a bit of track time watiing - good motivation to stay out of the gravel trap!
    Redline3345 MY11 Octavia vRS Wagon TSI DSG | Brilliant Silver | Milltek cat back exhaust | Bilstein PSS10 | TSR Panorama | Remsa | Leather | Sunroof | Towbar | Front Sensors | Boot Protector | Xenons | Corner Fogs | Alarm | Extended Warranty | Superskoda Bits & Bling

Users Country Flag
    last time in Lakeside, the guy in Lotus invited his wife in a Landrover... would be handy if he somehow got stuck on the gravel ;p

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by redline3345 View Post
    Just a bit more "housekeeping" info - In previous years when I went to QR for sprints, we were advised that if we got stuck in the gravel it was too bad and we needed to "extract ourselves" - hence we would all take snatch straps etc to help each other. I contacted QR regarding logistics of getting stuck in the gravel traps now, and they advised that there's no problem with assisting in removing anyone from gravel traps if they get stuck. Probably pertinent though, that they may not get to you immediately, so you may have to miss a bit of track time watiing - good motivation to stay out of the gravel trap!

you think 4motion would struggle to get out? lol best pick myself out some snatchies. just confirming that you were told that QR would have no isses in helping?

Jeremy Clarkson - "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."

Users Country Flag
    I can get my dad to bring his Freelander 2 with snatch straps if you guys want. (obviously he won't be racing the circuit though as its a TD4 diesel).
    Last edited by THE_EGG; 17-04-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

you'd have to be seriously ham fisted to end up in the gravel traps. Given the nature of happy laps, even less chance or reason for it happen. They are a few metres off the track so wouldn't be stressing. In the 20 odd sprints I've done out there, they've dragged very few cars out of the sand, would be less than a handful. I've seen more cars mow the grass on the inside than outside and all have resumed lapping, after remembering to breath
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    Redline, can I please add someone else to the list. A mate of mine Tony with a MK5 GT TSI125 + 1 passenger (paying)

I will probably have a paying passenger too
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    you'd have to be seriously ham fisted to end up in the gravel traps. Given the nature of happy laps, even less chance or reason for it happen. They are a few metres off the track so wouldn't be stressing. In the 20 odd sprints I've done out there, they've dragged very few cars out of the sand, would be less than a handful. I've seen more cars mow the grass on the inside than outside and all have resumed lapping, after remembering to breath
    Two of them having Clio line envy...
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Quote Originally Posted by josh182 View Post
    you think 4motion would struggle to get out? lol best pick myself out some snatchies. just confirming that you were told that QR would have no isses in helping?
    Yeah, QR said that would be no problem

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    Redline, can I please add someone else to the list. A mate of mine Tony with a MK5 GT TSI125 + 1 passenger (paying)

I will probably have a paying passenger too
    sure, have updated the list, thanks

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    better to be forewarned, particularly having a diverse skill mix out there - not sure that it only takes hamfistedness to end up in the gravel; many professional guys have ended up there over the years - some people may not have driven on the National curcuit either
    Last edited by redline3345; 17-04-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast