Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Queensland Raceway Happy Laps (v.5) 27th May 2012 (breakfast)

Quote Originally Posted by THE_EGG View Post
    Could you add my dad as a passenger for me thanks? Dad will be paying as well. Although he will be filming from the sideline. Are there any spaces along the track (like at Lakeside) to get some good shots?
    yeah mate there is. Best to take your pushbike or another car to get around the back of the track, long walk. Otherwise along the put wall is ok, but best down the far end where you enter the front straight like below. That's about all the angles you can get. On the outside of turn 2 (around the back) is good as you're carrying more speed, and will have the occassional person in the dirt

Last edited by seangti; 30-04-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_EGG View Post
    Could you add my dad as a passenger for me thanks? Dad will be paying as well. Although he will be filming from the sideline. Are there any spaces along the track (like at Lakeside) to get some good shots?
    Will do, sorry should have done that when you first asked! I take it the passenger you mentioned first is your Dad, or do you have 2 passengers?

The track is very flat (one of it's few advantages) so you can see most of the action from anywhere, and like Sean mentioned, the best shots are usually to be had near the corners esp corners 1,2, 3 & 6. Good idea about the pushbike Sean!

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Royeee View Post
    Could you help me to put my friend's name down? He is bringing a passenger, and I will be bringing a passenger too.

Cheers
    Done! What's your friend's name/car?

Quote Originally Posted by sam_online View Post
    Would like to bring my missus to be passenger

thanks
    I've updated the list - wasn't your missus concerned about being a passenger on the racetrack tho??

Quote Originally Posted by sillywet View Post
    Thanks Redline, should be a blast.
    No worries!
    Last edited by redline3345; 30-04-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Redline3345 MY11 Octavia vRS Wagon TSI DSG | Brilliant Silver | Milltek cat back exhaust | Bilstein PSS10 | TSR Panorama | Remsa | Leather | Sunroof | Towbar | Front Sensors | Boot Protector | Xenons | Corner Fogs | Alarm | Extended Warranty | Superskoda Bits & Bling

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by redline3345 View Post
    I would be surprised if any insurance company would be happy to cover you for comprehensive insurance (damage to your vehicle + damage to other vehicles and property) if your vehicle is involved in an accident on a racetrack, no matter what speed you were travelling at.

This is the policy from Shannons

Quote Originally Posted by Shannons Policy
    http://www.shannons.com.au/library/d...urance_PDS.pdf
    You are not covered if your motor vehicle or motorcycle is
    being driven/ridden:
    • on a race track or testing ground or a closed road, or
    • whilst you are participating in a course conducted,
    advertised, promoted or designed to improve high
    speed driving skills or to improve or prepare for any
    form of motor sport.
    You are not covered if your motor vehicle or motorcycle is
    being used for any motor sport.
    Generally the theory goes like this, if you cannot afford to crash it - leave it at home.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    yeah mate there is. Best to take your pushbike or another car to get around the back of the track, long walk. Otherwise along the put wall is ok, but best down the far end where you enter the front straight like below. That's about all the angles you can get. On the outside of turn 2 (around the back) is good as you're carrying more speed, and will have the occassional person in the dirt

Awesome, those angles look really good. It would be quite interesting in the photos if anyone goes off there haha.

As transport goes Dad will be bringing his new pride and joy just to show off (not on the track obviously). Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE. He won't let me drive it yet though, looking forward to when he does though.

Will do, sorry should have done that when you first asked! I take it the passenger you mentioned first is your Dad, or do you have 2 passengers?

The track is very flat (one of it's few advantages) so you can see most of the action from anywhere, and like Sean mentioned, the best shots are usually to had near the corners esp corners 1,2, 3 & 6. Good idea about the pushbike Sean!

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I've updated the list - wasn't your missus concerned about being a passenger on the racetrack tho??

No worries!
    Yeh, just me driving and dad on the sideline. Thanks!
    Last edited by THE_EGG; 01-05-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

He's name is Ondy, drives a mk6 GTi

Thanks a lot
    Audi S3 Sportback

APR Stage 1 - APR Engine Mount Insert - Whiteline Anti-lift kit - KW Coilovers - Whiteline Front & Rear Sway bars - DBA 4000 T3 - Ferodo DS2500

Users Country Flag
    Something different for Round 5 Happy Laps!
    This time it’s Queensland Raceway for breakfast ($25) and it's the Full National Circuit! (see team_v's post below)
    Apologies to people who requested Saturdays, this was the only remaining weekend date available in May (Sunday 27th May).
    The Safety Briefing/Breakfast starts at 7:30 and we should be out on the track by 8:30am.
    It is recommended that people arrive in plenty of time, maybe around 7:20.

Menu:
    Fresh toast
    Fried or Scrambled eggs
    Crispy bacon
    Gourmet chipolatas
    Baked beans
    Tea & coffee

Rules:
    Following on from Lakeside Happy Lap Rules (but subject to confirmation at briefing):
    • No PPE gear required (i.e. no need for a helmet, fireproof long sleeved shirt etc).
    • Do not frustrate other drivers by holding them up in corners and then making it difficult for them to pass you on the straights –
    watch your mirrors, be considerate and move over on the straights, and if necessary slow down to let them pass
    • No undercutting to overtake on the corners.
    • Only overtake on straight sections of the track
    • If you are not overtaking anyone on the straight stay to one side of the track and let quicker cars overtake

People other than the driver:
    People who wish to passenger/split the driving are required to pay the same amount as the driver.
    People who wish to watch from trackside do not have to pay unless they want breakfast.
    Anyone can come and passenger with you if they are willing to pay for breakfast.

With Queensland Raceway being a slightly bigger track than Lakeside, and there being more safe “run-off” areas, I have been advised that we could have at least 35 cars on the track. We might trial this number depending on interest, and if it works well we can repeat at the next outing, otherwise we can adjust as appopriate.

If the Main List fills up, nominations will go on the reserve list and when/if someone pulls out you will get moved from reserve into the main list.
    Unfortunately if you do not make it to the main list you can't be accommodated at the event (apart from spectating or as a passenger) but if there are any remaining on the reserve list by the cut-off date I will place them on the main list if we organise another event at QR to give a fair spread.

Please let me know if you are coming and how many people you will be bringing with you for catering purposes.

Queensland Raceway is located about 20 minutes west of Ipswich just off the Cunningham Highway (travelling towards Warwick) at the end of Champions Way at the Ipswich Motorsport Precinct. Turning right into Champions Way from Cunningham Highway, you will go past Willowbank Drag Strip and Ipswich Kart Track. Go to the end of the road (kinks to the right) and turn left into the Qld Raceway carpark. You should be able to park close to the Control Tower which is where the briefing will be held.

Be aware that there are frequently speed camera vans located on the highway close to the racetrack.

Thanks to Clay for the template!

Champions Way, Willowbank, Queensland - Google Maps

QLD Raceways

I have placed those who expressed interest on the "Calling for Interest" thread on the main list. If you can't make it, please let me know.

Main List

1. redline3345 – Skoda Octavia vRS
    2. Team v – VW Tiguan
    3. Sortofbigbj - VW MkIII Golf
    4. Agolf 5hitstir
    5. Vwindahouse – VW Polo GTI
    6. THE_EGG – Citroen DS3 (+1 passenger paying)
    7. Johnny G60
    8. Mikk
    9. nat225 – VW MkVI Golf GTI
    10. JimmyC379
    11. Tobes_WIR35 (+1 passenger paying)
    12. josh182
    13. Seangti – 08 VW Polo GTI
    14. Royee – Audi S3 (+1 passenger paying)
    15. sam_online VW MkVI Golf GTI (+1 passenger paying)
    16. Scuby_snax84 – VW MkVI Golf R
    17. Nardi330 – 08 VW GTI
    18. jasn78
    19. h100vw
    20. Tarmac – VW MkVI Golf R
    21. Sharkie
    22. 99_FGT – 07 VW Golf GTI
    23. RoknRob – 11 VW Polo GTI
    24. audi-tone – VW MkIV Golf GTI
    25. Tony_Mitchell_1983 – VW MkV Golf GTI
    26. Scarlet
    27. Max – Audi S3 (Nardi 330's friend)
    28. Julia – VW MkV Golf R32 (simple_man's friend) (+ simple_man paying)
    29. wegentop (+1 passenger paying)
    30. aao88 – Audi S3
    31. PugMonkey
    32. Tony - VW MK5 GT TSI125 + (1 passenger paying)
    33. Nardi330's friend Yeung - Subaru STI Coupe
    34. sillywet
    35. THE_EGG's friend - MKVI GTI (+1 passenger paying)

Reserve List

1. domlebo 70
    2. Jed R32
    3. josh182's friend - Mazda MX5
    4. Royee's friend (+1 passenger paying)
    5. JustCruisn - VW 2001 GTI
    well i'm stoked.lol thanks for taking the effort to hook us up with qld raceway. im sure we all do appreciate what you have done.

Jeremy Clarkson - "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."

Users Country Flag
    I am driving a Euro hot hatch but non Germany car. . Can I put my name down???

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by syhm1984 View Post
    I am driving a Euro hot hatch but non Germany car. . Can I put my name down???
    If you don't mind me asking, what car is it?
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

Users Country Flag
    Hey sorry guys noob question;

If I were to make the final list and bought my dad and a mate or none or either, and they were not going to be driving, or passengering while I was. (Purely there to watch from the sidelines). Would I need to ask you to put them down as a passenger? And would they need to pay?

Thanks in advance

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JedR32 View Post
    Hey sorry guys noob question;

If I were to make the final list and bought my dad and a mate or none or either, and they were not going to be driving, or passengering while I was. (Purely there to watch from the sidelines). Would I need to ask you to put them down as a passenger? And would they need to pay?

Thanks in advance
    People attending only need to pay if they are going to be in the car.
    They can choose to pay and get breakfast if they want but they don't have to unless they are in the car.

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast