Support VWWC

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakeside Laps v.4 - 29 April 2012 (breakfast)

Users Country Flag

Lakeside Laps v.4 - 29 April 2012 (breakfast)

Alrighty people, round 4!
    Lakeside raceway again for breakfast ($25)
    The Safety Briefing/Breakfast starts at 7:30 and we should be out on the track by 8:30am.
    I will be there from about 7:15 and would reccomend that people aim to get there by 7:20am.

Menu:
    Fresh toast
    Fried or Scrambled eggs
    Crispy bacon
    Gourmet chipolatas
    Baked beans
    Tea & coffee

Rules:
    No PPE gear required (i.e. no need for a helmet, fireproof long sleaved shirt etc).
    No undercutting to overtake on the corners.
    Only overtake on straight sections of the track.
    If you are not overtaking anyone on the straight stay to one side (the left) of the track and let quicker cars (clio, grey R, RS4, 335i etc) overtake

People other than the driver:
    People who wish to passenger/split the driving are required to pay the same amount as the driver.
    People who wish to watch from trackside do not have to pay unless they want breakfast.

I am having this open to Euro cars and you can invite family members (no friends this time sorry) if they are in Euro cars as well.
    Anyone can come and passenger with you if they are willing to pay for breakfast.

In order to keep these events from becoming too booring i have invited the Lotus Club of QLD to attend and have set aside 5 spots for them.

I am capping the numbers at 30 cars (25 + 5 Lotus club) in order to keep the event fun and not have traffic delays.

The Main List is full, nominations will go on the reserve list and when/if someone pulls out you get moved form reserve into the main list.
    Unfortunatley if you do not make it to the main list we can't accomodate you at the event but if there are any remaining on the reserve list by the cut-off date i will place them on the main list when i organise the next one in order to give a fair spread.

Please let me know if you are coming and how many people you will be bringing with you for catering purposes.

Main List:
    *1 ) team_v
    2 ) Evaded
    *3 ) Don_Juan
    *4 ) VWindahouse
    *5 ) sam_online + (1 paying)
    6 ) shinygti
    *7 ) nat225
    *8 ) h100vw
    *9 ) Scuby_snax84 + (1 paying)
    *10 ) Royeee + (1 paying)
    *11 ) Wilson (Royeee's friend) + (1 paying)
    *12 ) Nardi330
    *13 ) Nardi330's Friend (Subi)
    *14 ) Nardi330's Friend (335)
    *15 ) PugMonkey
    *16 ) redline3345
    *17 ) 55ASI GTI + (1 paying)
    *18 ) THE_EGG + (1 paying)
    *19 ) aao88 + (1 paying)
    *20 ) sillywet
    *21 ) sillywet's friend (M3)
    *22 ) RoknRob
    *23 ) Brimway + (2 paying)
    24 ) josh182
    *25 ) jasn78
    *26 ) Candy GTI + (1 paying)
    *27 ) JimmyC379 (306GTI)
    *28 ) Lito
    29 ) azn_ek

Lotus:
    *1 ) Club Racer

Reserve list:

Spectating:
    Mr.B
    Finance_Analyst
    Tobes_WIR35

Directions for attendance:
    Just follow the road over the small bridge thing, around to the right and keep going until you can turn left through the tunnel.

Last edited by team_v; 28-04-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Users Country Flag
    In!! Thanks team v

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Clay

Users Country Flag
    cheers clay!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    List has been updated.

No worries Don/Anthony.
    The benefits of missing out on the previous one nad having to be on the reserve list is that you get first spot on the main list for hte next one

Count me in, hopefully ill have more luck this time. Every last thing is going to be checked before hand this time so I hopefully don't have a repeat incident.

I know the girlfriends dad would
    love to bring his fpv along and has been asking me to ask, so if the euro/family member thing changes, I'm sure theyd come along too.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    in again pleaseee.. thx!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by sortofbigbj View Post
    Count me in, hopefully ill have more luck this time. Every last thing is going to be checked before hand this time so I hopefully don't have a repeat incident.

I know the girlfriends dad would
    love to bring his fpv along and has been asking me to ask, so if the euro/family member thing changes, I'm sure theyd come along too.

List has been updated.

Regarding the FPV, the main reason I want it to be euro only is because of the "issue" we had during ver. 2.
    There were complaints that the commodore driver was going too slow in the corners (as to not spin out) so the other cars would catch up but then was too fast/wouldn't allow people to overtake on the straights as it had straight line speed so it threw the whole event into chaos.

If we have spaced left i will see what we can do to accomodate but the event is meant to be fun for everyone on the forum so if we can sort something out the FPV may have to allow the cars that can corner well the space/chance to overtake.

I understand completely and agree it should be euro only, but now I can say I've asked its a ute with a supercharged 8 so i doubt it would be any better then that commodore was, although it wouldnt have skid tyres on and the guy has been racing things for years so probably could keep it under control in the corners, so probably would be marginally better.

Now I have an excuse for not inviting them anyway

Users Country Flag

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast