Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK1 Driver's Group

MK1 Driver's Group

Hi All,

The QLD VW MK1 Driver’s Group is open to owners of Mk1 Golfs, Scirrocos, B1 Passats and G60 Corrados. The Group has been formed to bring together enthusiasts of the early watercooled VWs, through attendance at select VW events, one or two special Group activities, and the odd social cruise.

The Group will kick off with its first official gathering at the Gold Coast VeeDub Club’s annual show’n’shine at Pimpama on Sunday May 6th. VWMA will pay the show entry fee for each eligible car, hand out a VW goodies bag, the latest copy of VWMA and stickers. Cars will be parked together in a designated area, and VWMA will also award a separate trophy to the car chosen by the group as the favourite for the day.

Participants for the Gold Coast show must register their interest prior to the day by emailing Craig Hughes at VWMA
    - editor@vwma.net.au - with their full name, contact mobile number and model of VW. A list will then will be waiting at the gate to direct show entrants to where the group will be parked. It is requested that cars remain at the show until at least after the VWMA presentation.

Following this show in May, a workshop clinic at Browns Plain Mechanical will happen in June (date to be advised at the Gold Coast show), where Group members are given the opportunity to have their VW put on the hoist for a free inspection, check out some of the new projects currently happening and enjoy a free BBQ.

Further down the track is the possibility of a trip to the Volkswagen Valla Spectacular in August, the VWDCQ show’n’shine at Manly in September and of course VW Warwick in October.

So dust off the MK1 and see you at Pimpama!

Cheers
    Craig

What a great idea! Good stuff, Craig.

We should do something like that down here.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Users Country Flag
    sounds good, i have a zillion things going ATM so when ive confirmed dates il apply
    Radiators are over rated

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    What a great idea! Good stuff, Craig.

We should do something like that down here.
    I'll see what sort of support I get locally in Qld first. If that looks promising I'll see what can be done in other states. Just testing the scene to see how many Mk1 owners and drivers are keen to get together.

Quote Originally Posted by VWMAT5 View Post
    I'll see what sort of support I get locally in Qld first. If that looks promising I'll see what can be done in other states. Just testing the scene to see how many Mk1 owners and drivers are keen to get together.
    I'd hope a lot. And good on you for taking the shot and trying to make it happen, Craig.

As you're well aware, sometimes clubs/groups can be a lot of work, but the payoff is generally quite good.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Users Country Flag
    I'll say Hell Yes , BUT I have only just acquired a project after being without a MK1 for about 10 years. So it will be mostly to meet and greet for the time being.
    Hope to see some/all of you at the Gold coast meet.
    Old Enough to Know Better.
    2013 Jetta tdi
    1998 Porsche Boxster

Users Country Flag
    great idea guys, i'm sure the rest of the qld vw guys would like to see more mk1's at our general events too!... generally we get, er... one or none...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    great idea guys, i'm sure the rest of the qld vw guys would like to see more mk1's at our general events too!... generally we get, er... one or none...
    Don are you going?
    Will be so good to see watercool presence at the show, we have 13+ going so far(earlier thread)
    Chris's VR6pitcrew, RIP our Chris *our No.1 Son*

****** Keeping the Dream Alive*******

Users Country Flag
    I'm so in for this put in my email today with my details. Just put on side drafts on the car today. Can't wait for pimpama!

Users Country Flag

I am 100% in for this, car should be running by next Wednesday (3rd) so I'm keen to come down for sure! The car ain't pretty at the moment so there won't be much to show or shine but I'm still excited about coming down. Will send the email with my details now.
    # 76 Mk1 16v In Progress # 2011 6R Polo GTI *Sorely Missed*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast