Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet the New Octavia Cruise - 22 March 2014 - Mt Mee

Users Country Flag

Meet the New Octavia Cruise - 22 March 2014 - Mt Mee

Five of the most active Skoda forum members have been chosen to drive the New Octavia for a week each, and are invited to review it, on Skoda's behalf.

I am QLD's biggest Skoda fan, so I got the gig up here.

I will have an Octavia Elegance Wagon from Fri 21 to Fri 28 March.
    I thought if anyone particularly wanted a look at the New Octavia, without a sales person breathing down their neck, I could bring the car to a nice spot halfway between the Gold Coast and Brissy for a tyre kicking session / mini meet.

Let me know if you're interested, or have a suggestion.
    Last edited by team_v; 12-03-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    NOW: 2018 MY19 Kodiaq Luxury and Tech Packs: 132kW Petrol 7DSG Sunroof and Ivory Leather
    HISTORY: 2012 Fabia RS (FOR SALE) ; 2013 Fabia RS (SOLD); 2015 Octavia RS 135TDI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BrashDaniels View Post
    Five of the most active Skoda forum members have been chosen to drive the New Octavia for a week each, and are invited to review it, on Skoda's behalf.

I am QLD's biggest Skoda fan, so I got the gig up here.

I will have an Octavia Elegance Wagon from Fri 21 to Fri 28 March.
    I thought if anyone particularly wanted a look at the New Octavia, without a sales person breathing down their neck, I could bring the car to a nice spot halfway between the Gold Coast and Brissy for a tyre kicking session / mini meet.

Let me know if you're interested, or have a suggestion.
    I was thinking of organising a Mt Mee/Dayborough run for the 22nd so that might be a good way to get people to see it and how it runs?
    http://goo.gl/maps/gfPZl
    Last edited by team_v; 12-03-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    A little further than I was planning - but a great excuse for a run - sounds PERFECT.
    Should be awesome for some great country pics.
    Wife has approved....
    NOW: 2018 MY19 Kodiaq Luxury and Tech Packs: 132kW Petrol 7DSG Sunroof and Ivory Leather
    HISTORY: 2012 Fabia RS (FOR SALE) ; 2013 Fabia RS (SOLD); 2015 Octavia RS 135TDI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    Okay, I have come up with a route that looks to be suitable and a fun morning out for the group.
    Same starting location as the last one, enter the tennis court area and take the left fork.
    http://goo.gl/maps/gfPZl

Let me know your thoughts and if anyone knows of a good place to stop off (either dayborough or d'agular) for a drink/snack.
    Also if there are any good photo locations along the way or somewhere we can set up a video/GoPro to get some flyby footage of the group.

I was thinking a 9am departure so we don't get much traffic.
    So maybe meet at 8:30-8:45?
    Last edited by team_v; 12-03-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Bummer, I need a lot more warning for cruise dates as I work most weekends!! enjoy anyway!
    Current - 2015 Tiguan 155 R-Line.
    Previous - Jetta MkV 147 Turbo, Viezu Raceday mapped, Carbonio CAI, Quad Exhaust System, R8 Coil pack, Whiteline Swaybar, GTi Steering wheel with paddles, Alloy pedals, RNS510 & Leather.

More details - the car is the 132TSI with Tech Pack and sunroof - so very lush. Looking forward to some touring pleasure.

Is this cruise still on? Thinking of coming along. It'll be nice to see some other skodas and check out the new octavia.

Users Country Flag
    Sure is.
    Next weekend though.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BrashDaniels View Post
    they have?

Didn't even know they were looking.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

They sought us out directly - there was no "entry" - we just "won" for being so "good" :p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast