Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Lakeside Raceway Brekkie and Happy Laps - Sunday July 9

  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    634
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Mdanrex View Post
    The cars on the other side last year must have been cars on a ghost lap hahaha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The first time I ran at Lakeside (last year), we used both sides. I don't recall the briefing telling us to stay one side or the other.

    The second time, however, it was a clear instruction in the pre-session briefing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI: 6sp manual | Comfort Pack | After-Market Leather Interior (black with blue stitching) | RNS-510+RVC
    MY16 Golf 7R: 6sp manual | Clutch Assist Spring Delete |

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Gap, Queensland
    Posts
    326
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hello everyone the new thread is up for the next happy laps at Lakeside Saturday Sept 2 and can be found on the following link Lakeside Raceway Brekkie and Laps Saturday September 2


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Woodgate Beach QLD
    Posts
    96
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by lk265r View Post
    Hi All, enjoy the video of my megane. Sorry about the dirty window.( I missed a spot)
    Renault Megane RS265 Laps Lakeside Raceway 09/07/2017 - YouTube
    Great clip Lucas..not a single glimpse of me....I must not have been there or you would have chopped me!!!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    So I know we're not supposed to be racing or timing laps etc.... but out of interest I went back through my footage and timed one of the laps where the traffic was pretty clear and I did about 1:15. For those of you who do timed events at Lakeside, assuming a clear track and none of the special "happy laps" rules, do you think a 1:10 would be reasonable for me & my car?
    Pending mods and driver commitment, a conservative/reasonable lap on an unmodded car, street tyre would be 66-68s for a beginner. 64's you're getting pretty committed on a stock/basic set-up.

    My stage 1 polo on a semi slick was mid 64's. I've just cracked into 62's in the stg 3 polo, though with new semi's (soft compound as opposed to medium) and a change in how I exit Karousel I'm expecting that to drop into a 61, or at least low 62.

    Happy laps pace is not reflective of a genuinely committed hot lap - and nor should it with no safety precautions, number of cars on track etc. A warm-up/cool down lap is still carrying more pace than HL. It's friggin awesome
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Murrumba Downs, QLD
    Posts
    21
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad TT 08 View Post
    Great clip Lucas..not a single glimpse of me....I must not have been there or you would have chopped me!!!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Barry, I was at the back of the pack so that's why your not in the video. About you getting chopped by me, Barry you would pull away in your Audi on the straight.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    624
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    Pending mods and driver commitment, a conservative/reasonable lap on an unmodded car, street tyre would be 66-68s for a beginner. 64's you're getting pretty committed on a stock/basic set-up.

    My stage 1 polo on a semi slick was mid 64's. I've just cracked into 62's in the stg 3 polo, though with new semi's (soft compound as opposed to medium) and a change in how I exit Karousel I'm expecting that to drop into a 61, or at least low 62.

    Happy laps pace is not reflective of a genuinely committed hot lap - and nor should it with no safety precautions, number of cars on track etc. A warm-up/cool down lap is still carrying more pace than HL. It's friggin awesome
    Thanks mate! What tyre pressures do you think I should run? (Continental CS5 if that makes any difference). I forgot to check them last time but they were pretty chopped up afterwards... which sucks because they were literally 1 day old tyres...

    I'm thinking I might try a different tyre next time I'm due. The contis are very sticky but they seem to get chopped up pretty easily.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    634
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post

    I'm thinking I might try a different tyre next time I'm due. The contis are very sticky but they seem to get chopped up pretty easily.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of this tyre. I have CS5 on my R and had CS3 on my Mk5. I switched the Mk5 to Michelin PS and they were really good. Much better feel and much gripper (but a much softer compound). I think wet weather performance was improved too.

    I'm at 23,000km now on the R and I've got about 1/3rd to go to hit the wear indicators - shows you how hard the CS5 compound is as I like corners!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI: 6sp manual | Comfort Pack | After-Market Leather Interior (black with blue stitching) | RNS-510+RVC
    MY16 Golf 7R: 6sp manual | Clutch Assist Spring Delete |

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,170

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    Thanks mate! What tyre pressures do you think I should run? (Continental CS5 if that makes any difference). I forgot to check them last time but they were pretty chopped up afterwards... which sucks because they were literally 1 day old tyres...

    I'm thinking I might try a different tyre next time I'm due. The contis are very sticky but they seem to get chopped up pretty easily.
    The conti's I've ran were quite soft in the sidewall so ran 40psi. These days I'd be running 38psi on a street tyre. I don't know your driving style, I have a habit of entering corners too fast so loading up/over heating front tyres. So now working on braking straight and into the corner, square the car up more, slower mid corner and straighter exits as to lessen the side (lateral) loading I've been putting on tyres.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |