Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Lakeside Breakfast + Laps - Saturday October 1 2016

Users Country Flag

There is audio, it's just very soft. Don't be like me and crank your speakers to hear it, then forget and start Spotify. My ears drums hate me.
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Users Country Flag
    Hey vwgolfer, I heard in the video you were saying that you didn't use manual mode because it doesn't hold the gears.
    It should hold the gears. It will upshift if you go past redline but to be honest if you get that far you've gone past the optimal rev range anyway.
    It will also downshift but only if you plant it past 9/10ths. The accelerator pedal has a point at about 9/10ths where it almost stops but if you push further, you feel it almost click, it is this point at which it will downshift automatically. At 9/10ths it is still full throttle.
    I use manual mode on the track. I think driving it in auto mode would drive me crazy!
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

I have had an Underground Performance Stage 2 engine tune and a DSG tune on my R. I just put it in Sport and it changed gears perfectly.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Users Country Flag
    The problem I've found with sport mode is that some corners are better off say in 4th gear whereas sport mode always wants to kick back to 3rd.
    I also just like to be in some form of control.
    I pretty much never use sport mode. For me it's D for normal driving or M for track or "spirited" driving.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

The DSG tune that I got really made quite a difference. It made Drive a bit more like Sport and vice versa. As I said I had no problem with just putting it in Sport on the track. It was never caught out. And like you I just leave it in Drive when on the road.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by prh1973 View Post
    Hey 55ASI you can find some pics here https://www.facebook.com/valmaiphoto...PAGES_TIMELINE
    Awesome ! Thank you
    ~ We're Just A Little Bit Ssasi ~

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213