Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Lakeside Breakfast + Happy Laps - Sunday Feb 12 2017

Users Country Flag

Ok everyone..I will openly put my hand up for being responsible..and I apoligise for this..I am the Black TT ..I admit running hard this morning and to honest I did abide by pre cruise briefing only passing on front straight. Etc..
    I have moved on to Timeattack as Paul has suggested for those who dipped there toes in the water and enjoy it..and I couldn't speak more highly of the format that is run..give it a go..
    I will refrain from adventurous driving in the future and hope that I haven't spoilt the day for anybody..
    Cheers and stay safe everyone

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    Fair point and I think that's been tried. Though it makes no difference after 3 laps. That's the reality, front markers will catch back markers within a few minutes.

For what I saw of today, it seemed that I was in open air for the most part and didn't experience any suspect driving.
    Yeah true... I didn't really see any suspect driving either. There was a couple of situations where people in front could have got into a sticky situation approaching the kink, but they recognised it and backed off safely.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    I got pinged too. Not really sure where I failed their standards, I think I only got in one clear lap before I picked up an overboost code and called it a day.
    There was quite a few cars that came off early. It was really hot today.
    I apologise too Paul, for causing you to get the quiet word.
    Last edited by h100vw; 12-02-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    There was quite a few cars that came off early. It was really hot today.
    Yeah, at first I thought we'd had our session based on how my car was feeling. I don't think I would have stayed out much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Quote Originally Posted by Poida View Post
    Nice photos again mate! How did you find the BMW over the A1?
    Hey, Thank you!

The BMW is definitely a more lively and fun car, but it's a bit more tail happy.

The Audi would understeer a lot more, so I could mash the throttle at any time and actually go fast. In the BMW, I'm very scared to hit the throttle through a corner.

I find myself also liking the suspension in the BMW a lot more. The car needs some lowering springs, so it stays more flat ( and doesn't look like kite). At the moment, it is a bit of a boat.

In general though - even though I went a bit slower, I think it was just more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ova304 View Post
    Some photos from this morning, thanks for looking.

https://www.facebook.com/4020Media/p...10470728984126
    Really nice photos!!! Thank you so much!

Users Country Flag
    It was definitely a different session to what I have experienced in the past at HL lakeside but I also didn't see anyone driving disrespectfully. Actually quiet the opposite, people were moving over on the straight and staying within their limits from what i witnessed...

As mentioned before by others, I think there is a wide spread of driver and car ability but in my view we all reconginse that...

Apologies if I held anyone up or appeared erratic driving, I was slowing down to give me some space and then speeding up to have fun...

A hot day and an early session but all in all a good morning without incident...

For those of you who haven't seen the photos from this person - go there ASAP!! - https://www.facebook.com/pg/4020Medi...10470728984126

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet - I love these rolling shots!!

Quote Originally Posted by khonfahm View Post
    For those of you who haven't seen the photos from this person - go there ASAP!! - https://www.facebook.com/pg/4020Medi...10470728984126

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet - I love these rolling shots!!
    Great fun and awesome pics...some great rolling shots as well. Good to meet some new faces, and checkout some great rides like Gregs black Clio, real nice.

Users Country Flag

Hey guys I've dumped all the photos I took on my dropbox... I hope the link works. Wish I got there earlier to get more n track shots.

Apologies in advance if I didn't get your car or if it's a little out of focus. I'm a bit of an amateur.

There aren't any watermarks and I'm not charging $ yet. So if you use on social media could you please tag my instagram page using ''@VW.Queensland'' TIA

Ollie

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2dob560y5...sugCWlUJa?dl=0

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast