Support VWWC

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Lakeside Breakfast + Happy Laps - Sunday Feb 12 2017

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by khonfahm View Post
    Thanks for organising Paul!

This was another great event. Apologies to those who I slowed down, This was my first time out in a RWD car and I didn't want to take any risks.

Some photos I snapped up on my camera :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lm1gu924e...EImKeo7ka?dl=0

Nice photos again mate! How did you find the BMW over the A1?

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Paul again. Lakeside is definitely trickier than QR and commands some respect! Pity it was cut short but still had a good time.

Users Country Flag
    Why was it cut short?

Users Country Flag
    Some photos from this morning, thanks for looking.

https://www.facebook.com/4020Media/p...10470728984126

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    It was unfortunate that the session was cut short. I was approached by the track official after to session to discuss why. The points noted were...
    3 drivers were pulled in and chatted to for going too hard and there were a lot of cars compressing at the end of the straight causing concerns of rear end collisions.

It seems that Qld Raceways may be easing these sessions back to make for a safer time on track. In someway I agree that we can still have a great fun time. Happy laps are about having fun and stretching our car legs. It also is an avenue for newcomers to have their first track experience in their pride and joys.

If people are wanting to pushing their driving and cars capabilities, I encourage them to join us for a street sprint or time attack session in a higher risk environment and it delivers higher rewards. If anyone would like more info on these sessions we can point you in the right direction.

I am wanting these happy laps to continue and if we are continuing to receive this feedback from the track management, we as a group will have to get tough on the offenders, so please let's not get to this stage. Remember it's up to us all to create a fun and safe happy lap environment.

Regards
    Paul

Users Country Flag
    Hopefully I wasn't a culprit, I wasn't hammering it too much. Although I totally agree there was a few times I had to really stand on the anchors after the kink due to congestion at turn 1. No big deal to me, everyone has different cars, different abilities and confidence levels. Just need to be patient.

As a suggestion to QR, maybe a mandatory debrief after the session would be good too? That way people get a chance to correct their behaviour for next time if they were pushing the friendship a bit.

I also had a thought maybe the initial entry onto the track could have a bit of an informal order to it, so the faster ones are at the front and the slower ones at the rear?
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ova304 View Post

Great photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ova304 View Post

Great photos! Cheers!
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    I also had a thought maybe the initial entry onto the track could have a bit of an informal order to it, so the faster ones are at the front and the slower ones at the rear?
    Fair point and I think that's been tried. Though it makes no difference after 3 laps. That's the reality, front markers will catch back markers within a few minutes.

For what I saw of today, it seemed that I was in open air for the most part and didn't experience any suspect driving.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Yea front cars were on top of the last cars with in 3/5 laps

+1 for a debrief, good or bad...

But as Paul said, next level is sprints, maybe a few of us should be looking in to that.
    Last edited by HPRS230; 12-02-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast