Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling For Interest Happy Laps at Queensland Raceway

Users Country Flag

Calling For Interest Happy Laps at Queensland Raceway

After discussions with some of the guys organising LP Happy Laps & monthly meets, I am seekning feedback regarding interest to have a round of Happy Laps at Queensland Raceway.

QR is located 17km and about 20 minutes west of Ipswich for those who are unaware of the track. Being a different track would give a bit of variety for Happy Laps events. While the track is not as interesting as Lakeside Park - it is relatively flat, which is a bonus for spectators being able to see the whole track from anywhere track-side - there are more “run-off” areas, making it a little safer in terms of not having walls etc as close to the track. At first look, it may appear to be less demanding than Lakeside, but as most people who have driven there soon realise, there are technicalities to the track which can be challenging. The track has recently been resurfaced.

I am able to book a date for Happy Laps on 21st April, but this is too close to the 29th Happy Laps event team V has already arranged at Lakeside Park, so along with feedback regarding your interest (or lack of) for an event at QR, please give suggestions on suitable dates. I have obtained the necessary docos needed & we could potentially look at a date in May, depending of course on the amount of interest generated.

QLD Raceways - Queensland Raceway
    Redline3345 MY11 Octavia vRS Wagon TSI DSG | Brilliant Silver | Milltek cat back exhaust | Bilstein PSS10 | TSR Panorama | Remsa | Leather | Sunroof | Towbar | Front Sensors | Boot Protector | Xenons | Corner Fogs | Alarm | Extended Warranty | Superskoda Bits & Bling

Id definitely be keen, a new track would be heaps of fun, even though qr is probably better for fast cars, which mine is far from. A bit of a change is always good

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I would be keen.

i'm keen for this also

Without Your Seatbelt, You Know Your Gonna' Die!
    Project: mk1 cabriolet 20vt

Users Country Flag
    Totally in! Out of interest wasn't Clay looking into this for us?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

QR Happy Laps

Quote Originally Posted by VWindahouse View Post
    Totally in! Out of interest wasn't Clay looking into this for us?
    Clay was happy to continue to look after the Lakeside Park Happy Laps, and for me to see if I could T something up at QR - we will make sure that the dates don't clash, are too close together or too frequent to upset the overall interest in Happy Laps!
    Redline3345 MY11 Octavia vRS Wagon TSI DSG | Brilliant Silver | Milltek cat back exhaust | Bilstein PSS10 | TSR Panorama | Remsa | Leather | Sunroof | Towbar | Front Sensors | Boot Protector | Xenons | Corner Fogs | Alarm | Extended Warranty | Superskoda Bits & Bling

Users Country Flag
    Count me in! just wondering, why would the close dates cause disinterest in the happy laps?
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by redline3345 View Post
    Clay was happy to continue to look after the Lakeside Park Happy Laps, and for me to see if I could T something up at QR - we will make sure that the dates don't clash, are too close together or too frequent to upset the overall interest in Happy Laps!
    Thanks mate, sounds good to me!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_EGG View Post
    Count me in! just wondering, why would the close dates cause disinterest in the happy laps?
    Qld Raceways (administers of both venues) dictate that Happy Laps require 25 - 30 people to make it viable; if we had a couple of events too close together we may not get the required number to both events. Happy to take feedback on that though....

Users Country Flag

I will give it a go depending on the date that is, if i have enough notice i can re-arrange prior arrangements. About time i kicked my cars A@#E!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast