Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling For Interest Happy Laps at Queensland Raceway

Users Country Flag

sounds good to me.

i think alternating between the 2 tracks would be a good idea.

suprisingly the top speeds you can reach at qr and lakeside are similar (well they were for me anyway), but you'll find that your brakes and tyres take more of a beating at qr because of the long sweeping turns which don't slow you down as much as lakeside.

Users Country Flag
    i'll be totally in, but prefer a saturday morning though.

Users Country Flag
    I'm in I would do them every weekend if I could. Like Lakeside way better cause don't have the topend for QR - but am in for sure!

Users Country Flag
    I would give it a go. Haven't driven at QR for a couple of years, and not in my GTI

Users Country Flag
    Keen as for this.
    After bit of thought i also believe we should do QR every 2nd or 3rd laps session to give a bit more variation to the events.

Let us know what date you find out for May so we can start signing up!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by redline3345 View Post
    After discussions with some of the guys organising LP Happy Laps & monthly meets, I am seekning feedback regarding interest to have a round of Happy Laps at Queensland Raceway.

QR is located 17km and about 20 minutes west of Ipswich for those who are unaware of the track. Being a different track would give a bit of variety for Happy Laps events. While the track is not as interesting as Lakeside Park - it is relatively flat, which is a bonus for spectators being able to see the whole track from anywhere track-side - there are more “run-off” areas, making it a little safer in terms of not having walls etc as close to the track. At first look, it may appear to be less demanding than Lakeside, but as most people who have driven there soon realise, there are technicalities to the track which can be challenging. The track has recently been resurfaced.

I am able to book a date for Happy Laps on 21st April, but this is too close to the 29th Happy Laps event team V has already arranged at Lakeside Park, so along with feedback regarding your interest (or lack of) for an event at QR, please give suggestions on suitable dates. I have obtained the necessary docos needed & we could potentially look at a date in May, depending of course on the amount of interest generated.

QLD Raceways - Queensland Raceway
    KEEN KEEN KEEN!!!! im there mate, i love the flat track as you can see where everyone else is, in relation to dates. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND AS MANY AS YOU CAN.LOL its good to see we are all amping up our motoring enthusiasm and using our cars the way they should be.

Jeremy Clarkson - "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."

Count me in too. I probably couldn't on the 21st due to moving house the prior weekend. And my experience of QR is exactly what mikk said. You might get another 10km/h down the front straight but more Tyre wear so street tyres will go off after 5 hard laps so have a cool down lap every few.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    happy to do happy laps on the 21st april

it's on the QR calendar already for wwatercooled forum, i assume it is still tentative?

Im keen! Would love to drive around QR with my S3 see how it compare to my old car
    Audi S3 Sportback

APR Stage 1 - APR Engine Mount Insert - Whiteline Anti-lift kit - KW Coilovers - Whiteline Front & Rear Sway bars - DBA 4000 T3 - Ferodo DS2500

Users Country Flag

I'm INNNNNNN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast