Support VWWC

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane Euro Meet - 17th of February- Sunday Night - 6:30pm

Users Country Flag

I drove through and saw the cop car. You still in the tennis parking area? I had to grab some fuel.
    2007 Volkswagen Golf GT

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I'm sooooo sorry guys. According to their website it is open to the public for the carpark. I didn't see the sign . I didn't think it would be a problem anyway because there weren't any events on tonight so we wouldn't be in anyones way. After we got kicked out we all went to Newmarket. I would have updated it to say what happened but I don't have a smartphone as it is in for repair (convenient timing for that to happen, I know). At least it was a good turnout for the 30min or so we had at the tennis centre. I guess these things happen when we try new places.

I think from now on, it is best to keep it at Newmarket as it is cooler and less stuffy than at Mt Gravatt (so I'm told) and we have been there plenty of times before and know it is fine for meets.

Pretty awesome meeting new people as always though I'll upload some pics later on.

Again I apologize for the mess up. D:
    Last edited by THE_EGG; 17-02-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

Users Country Flag
    Egg,
    You were in the right. That carpark is a public carpark! It has no way of being secured or restricted. It is a public space and can be used by the public in which ever way they would like. Its like a shopping center carpark. That guard should have confirmed his brief. The other carpark behind that gate and fence is not public and that was the area he was told was restricted. I have many years experience doing security at sporting complexes and boring static **** places. Cops had no problem with us being there. I think it is a good place to have a meet. Well it was until they turned out the lights for a while. Then realized we weren't leaving and turned some of them back on. Don't be disheartened. Thanks for organising the meets that you do.

Great to see some friendly faces again, I got some shots that I'll post up later tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_EGG View Post
    I'm sooooo sorry guys. According to their website it is open to the public for the carpark. I didn't see the sign . I didn't think it would be a problem anyway because there weren't any events on tonight so we wouldn't be in anyones way. After we got kicked out we all went to Newmarket. I would have updated it to say what happened but I don't have a smartphone as it is in for repair (convenient timing for that to happen, I know). At least it was a good turnout for the 30min or so we had at the tennis centre. I guess these things happen when we try new places.

I think from now on, it is best to keep it at Newmarket as it is cooler and less stuffy than at Mt Gravatt (so I'm told) and we have been there plenty of times before and know it is fine for meets.

Pretty awesome meeting new people as always though I'll upload some pics later on.

Again I apologize for the mess up. D:
    Rising Blue MY10 Passat R36
    BLACK '97 Mk3 GL 2.0L
    White '82 MK1 Cabrio 1.8L
    Vice-President - VWDCQ (VW Drivers Club of Queenland inc)

Sorry for leaving early guys, I didn't want to give the guard a hard time, he was just doing his job (trying anyway). Good to know the Cops were fine with us being there, its just a social meet as opposed to DRAG RACING lol.

Users Country Flag
    The security guard was having a slow day so he needed to make himself seem important, unfortunately the sign at the entrance to the car park does say it's for patrons only.

Stuff'em will go to Newmarket next time
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak" ║ Frazza's MY11 RB Golf R Instagram

Users Country Flag

Re: Brisbane Euro Meet - 17th of February- Sunday Night - 6:30pm

The weather put me off so I just went to visit my family instead. Glad it was a good turnout though.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    APR Tuned 2.0T A3 Sportback Quattro w/ Open-Sky Roof

Users Country Flag

Re: Brisbane Euro Meet - 17th of February- Sunday Night - 6:30pm

You guys who took photos of my silver mk2, hit me up with some links please

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2

we came there after 7 and stayed for a while with a few cars , cops came around and in the end told us they dont know why security guard even called them as we wernt doing nothing wrong n they wanted to speak to him lol..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
    You guys who took photos of my silver mk2, hit me up with some links please

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Because you asked so politely:

There will be more up from downshift and the euro meet tomorrow night hopefully.
    Dan!

v5 Bora/Indigo Blue/Remus sports exhaust/JOM coilovers/Lots of DIY bits and Pieces/

Users Country Flag

So good seeing everyone again! and some new faces. crazy day with police everywhere :S
    Driving a car named after a sport that's slow, boring and the hardest part is to drive.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast