Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn at Araluen - Sunday 27th May - official thread!!

Autumn at Araluen - Sunday 27th May - official thread!!

Following on from discussion in the two-monthly cruise thread, here is the official Autumn at Araluen Cruise thread!!

Main Details:

Sunday 27th May
    Meet 9am City of Stirling carpark CONFIRMED

Depart 10am, (cruise map below)
    Arrive Araluen Botanic Park (not the Golf Course) for 12pm
    BBQ Lunch
    Show & shine afternoon until about 3pm

Araluen Botanic Park - Perth, Western Australia

Extra info:

This is a proper booked event with Araluen. They will be reserving the main concourse lawn area for us to park on, so we don’t need to use the public carpark. If you have been to Araluen before, this is the large grassed area at the bottom of the gardens near the lake.

Site map here - Brochure & Map of the Park - Araluen Botanic Park, Perth Western Australia

There is NO ENTRANCE FEE as we are going in on a club booking, but as such, the cars will be on public display. The Show & shine will also be advertised by Araluen as an upcoming event so they have asked if we stay there as a group on display for at least 3 hours. There is plenty to look at & walk around the grounds anyway so I don’t expect anyone will have any objection!

We can have a BBQ lunch onsite, and additional gas BBQs will be made available for us on the day. Please BYO meat & anything else you would like. There is a small café at the park if people want to buy coffees & icecreams etc as well.

I am currently looking into getting some pedestal flags made up with the forum logos, but this will depend on time & costs. I’ll update here with more info. I think they would be a good investment so we can promote the forum name/website plus they can be used again for other events like German Car Day & Day of the Volkswagen.

I’ll be inviting a couple of other forums along so while it won’t be as big as either GCD or DoVW, I hope we’ll get at least 30-40 cars or so on the day!

Please RSVP in this thread so I can keep an eye on numbers attending as I will need to confirm with Araluen closer to the date. Feel free to fire off any questions & suggestions for the day.

Gonna be sweeet!!!

Geoff.

UPDATED : I've got pricing for the flag stands; they are about $260 each. Looking for people to contribute to make the purchase worthwhile. More info on page 3. Let me know if you can chip in say $20 or a bit more! Remember, we don't have to pay an entry fee for the day & the flags can be used at other times in the future!

You can pay me on the day that's fine, just let me know ASAP if you are going to!

Also, in the event it is raining on the day, we can use a different area at Araluen which will provide shelter for everyone to stand under

Just a reminder, since this is going to be a public event, please remember we will be driving through residential areas on the way to Araluen.

Unsafe or irresponsible driving will not be tolerated and registration details may be reported.

Luke & I have organised $2 sausage sizzle & $2 can on the day, but there will be extra BBQ's available so BYO if you still want to!
    Last edited by geoff_gti; 20-05-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    '03 BMP MkIV Golf GTI | Oettinger tune | K04 | 18" OZ
    '04 BMP MkIV R32 #144
    search getnew
    ozaudi | ozvolks | opelaus | ecca

Cheers geoff. Sounds good. Did you want to use the route i drafted up? if so ill figure out a couple of meet points along the way. I was going to suggest invite some other forums aswell.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Yep definitely or something very similar, hadn't got as far as copying some of the info out of the other thread yet!
    '04 BMP MkIV R32 #144
    search getnew

Geoff, Ive started a thread over at OzAudi

WA - Araluen Cruise/Show & Shine/BBQ (VWWC) Sunday 27th May
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Cheers, too quick for me!
    '04 BMP MkIV R32 #144
    search getnew

Users Country Flag
    Definitely keen. I know it's common sense, but it's probably a good idea to tell everyone to fill their tank (or so) ~before~ the day. I'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by saMfish View Post
    Definitely keen. I know it's common sense, but it's probably a good idea to tell everyone to fill their tank (or so) ~before~ the day. I'll be there!
    You would think that but we still had people showing up for my insurance driving course with empty tanks.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Users Country Flag
    I'll make sure our butler tops off the tank the night before, and massages the tyres before we set out.

We'll be there - RS4.
    Cheers,
    Lumpy

Sounds good I will tell the e46f, 1addicts and e90post boys

Sweet and if anyone knows the Ferrari and Lamborghini forums tell them to come too

This is the proposed route for the day. Let us know if you think any meet up points are stupid/not going to work and feel free to suggest other points

27th May cruise route
    Last edited by Back Door Shenanigans.; 20-04-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast