Thread: Adelaide Day of the Volkswagen

Adelaide Day of the Volkswagen

March 19th at Civic Park, Modbury opposite Tea Tree Plaza. Starts at 9.00 AM.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    March 19th at Civic Park, Modbury opposite Tea Tree Plaza. Starts at 9.00 AM.
    First time at of these, very enjoyable day. Good turn out of watercooled cars, all looking a bit lonely on the hill away from the air cooled, but by choice against the shady trees. Photo of the winning contestants' choice air cooled, my choice to win.
    Adelaide Day of the Volkswagen-left_zps3woafnma-jpg
    Adelaide Day of the Volkswagen-right_zpsiwn1raxr-jpg
    Adelaide Day of the Volkswagen-winner-air-cooled-jpg
    Last edited by car_nut; 20-03-2017 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Photo
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

[QUOTE=car_nut;1221938] Photo of the winning contestants' choice air cooled, my choice to win.]

I arrived quite late, had something else on & cars were leaving as I arrived.[Next year I am planning to arrive earlier.] I had a quick walk around before any more left. That blue dub had beautiful straight panels & certainly stood out. Another blue beetle had an original factory sunroof. I haven't seen one close up before. I spent the rest of the time talking to strangers who were real enthusiasts. Finally spent time in the Solitaire tent with Brenden, Ben & Michael, the great salesman who sold me our Mk5 Golf TDI over 11 years ago. I had a good day.
    Last edited by jets; 20-03-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag

Photos of all the cars entered are up on the VW Club South Australia Facebook page.

I should also have said it was a well run event and I felt that the watercooled entrants were equally included/welcomed by the club.
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET