Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 25 March 2012 - Shannons Wheels Car show

Does the unregistered car rule still take effect?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I believe so. According to the email I got, all other details except the Venue change remain the same
    06 VW 9N3 Polo GTI - Reflex Silver Leather/OEM Colour coded S/guard/OEM Lower Honeycombe Grille/NSP Boost Gauge/APR Stage 1+,Dogbone & DP/K&N filter/Forge s/shift,DV008 & Strut brace/PD 160/Samco camo TIP/Whitline RSB/FK AK's/17 x 8 Oettiger RE's/Alpine Head Unit & Sony Amp. OEM+FTW

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up Unregisterd vehicles at Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Smead View Post

Your car must have registration for it to be displayed. This is because insurance issues. You will also need to bring a drip tray for your car.
    Please see the following link for more details:
    CBR VW OC • View topic - 25th March 2012 - Shannons Wheels Car show
    I came across this thread by accident and thought I would share the information I was provided by the organisers. I was concerned, because if unregistered vehicles were no longer allowed, then that would have taken out half our club cars (given we are a race club).

I contacted Daniel Wyatt who advised that it is not a requirement of theirs for the vehicles on display to be registered. Of course they would need to be floated there if it doesn't have the correct registrations/permits for public roads. This isn't to say your own club may have a policy which you would like adhered to.

I thought I would clarify and hopefully assist those who were going to try to get permits or registration for their vehicles before the event.

Its a great day, some fantastic cars on display. I just hope Ive got the time to tidy mine up enough to get there.

Thank you for clarifying that point. I was passing on info that my club ( Canberra Chapter, Club Veedub) had given me

Simon
    Last edited by Smead; 23-03-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    06 VW 9N3 Polo GTI - Reflex Silver Leather/OEM Colour coded S/guard/OEM Lower Honeycombe Grille/NSP Boost Gauge/APR Stage 1+,Dogbone & DP/K&N filter/Forge s/shift,DV008 & Strut brace/PD 160/Samco camo TIP/Whitline RSB/FK AK's/17 x 8 Oettiger RE's/Alpine Head Unit & Sony Amp. OEM+FTW

Sup peeps? We are meeting at the BP servo in Watson at 8am before the show tomorrow so we can catch up and head in together. Hope to see you there!

Users Country Flag
    Hey, I didn't know about this show but can I register now??

Users Country Flag
    Theres no pre register, just rock up on the day
    85' MKII GOLF GTI - GTI 85T - First cruise was 4000km in 2.5 days. It's Evolving!

06' MkV JETTA TDI - Stock To Shock

Had a cracker of a day today!

I decided to try my luck at unloading the mk1 outside the show, and driving it in. Had to take the long way because of speedbumps. Pretty much had to drive through the whole show to get to where the vw's were. I was scraping level ground it was that bad haha. So many old people were giving me death stares and shaking their heads haha.

Highlights for me were the Ultima GTR with an LSX in it. 800hp in a sub tonne car! Also the 2 Ford GT40's that came were sick! And there were plenty of sweet race spec E21-E30 bmw's which is always a treat.

Not to mention the odd Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari that turned up too

Users Country Flag

Dude defs the ultima, so so sweet.
    77' MkI Golf GLS - VR6-T Project Compression
    79' MkI Golf GLS - 2L ABF ITB's Wolf3D
    09' MkV Golf R32 - sold

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast