Thread: Parking Brake Error

Users Country Flag

Parking Brake Error

About 3 (yes, 3) parking brake switches later I am still finding myself having to replace it. The original which was revision A (3C0927225A) kept flashing a parking brake fault on the MFD. I replaced it with a C revision which worked for a while then that went faulty. I replaced it with another C version and perfect! Until yesterday. The parking brake still functions correctly at the moment, but eventually it'll turn into the switch not working at all. The lights in the unit are the first to go faulty, then it'll throw an error.

What am I doing wrong?! Surely they aren't considered a consumable?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmau5 View Post
    Surely they aren't considered a consumable?!
    Well.....it IS a Volkswagen so perhaps it is.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    What is the fault in vcds? I had to replace the epb controller as it had CPU faults.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I haven't been able to scan as I don't have a VAGCOM cable. I read about the controller a little earlier. Thought my situation may have differed from what I read but maybe not. Stupid car.

Users Country Flag
    From what I understand the switch fixes most common faults with these however the controllers can also be problematic (as it was in my case).
    Since I replaced mine it's been perfect, at least 12months now I think.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    How 'genuine' and 'OEM' are those $15 switches on eBay and AliExpress? Could the problem be that they aren't actually that genuine.. Hmmm

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmau5 View Post
    How 'genuine' and 'OEM' are those $15 switches on eBay and AliExpress? Could the problem be that they aren't actually that genuine.. Hmmm

Genuine fakes probably
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

A switch is a switch.
    One manufacturered to a higher standard will last longer.
    But if the fault is recurring then it may be epb module rather than the switch (es)