Thread: New CC owner

Users Country Flag

New CC owner

I just bought a 2011 CC. Picking it up this weekend. This is a replacement for my wife's Jetta TDI DSG.

I'd been looking at the CC for some time. Love the shape of it, love the interior. Just all round a beautiful car.

We've had a great run out of my wife's Jetta. We bought it new in 06 and it's been the most reliable car we've ever owned. Not an ounce of trouble in the time and 150,000Ks we've put on it. We were in two minds whether to upgrade since it's been such a good little car. I'll probably keep driving it to work for a while and then we'll sell it along with my Land Rover. We've just got too many cars at the moment.

We went for the 3.6 V6 4motion version of the CC. I loved the fact that it's a sleeper. Basically R36 running gear in a stylish executive body. Hard to ignore that 0-60 time especially compared to the diesel versions efforts. On the test drive it certainly didn't hang about.

We had checked out the diesel version previously and I was impressed with it too. But one of my wifes biggest complaints was the turbo lag with her Jetta TDI. It was much improved with the ECU retune we had done but still something to be aware of when trying to pull out into traffic. Fuel prices are pretty good at the moment and I thought the extra v6 performance would be fun for both of us.

Anyway I'll be watching the forum with interest to learn all the tips and tricks with the new car.

Cheers

Mike

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Here's the new CC.

I picked it up over a week ago but have been working interstate.

It's in today getting a RWC.
    New windscreen, Windscreen wipers and tyres. I went with Michelin Pilot Sport 3's. They seem pretty good from the reviews.

Cheers

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CC owner-passat-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    nice car buddy, enjoy!
    Current - 2015 Tiguan 155 R-Line.
    Previous - Jetta MkV 147 Turbo, Viezu Raceday mapped, Carbonio CAI, Quad Exhaust System, R8 Coil pack, Whiteline Swaybar, GTi Steering wheel with paddles, Alloy pedals, RNS510 & Leather.

Users Country Flag
    you will enjoy the car,no doubt.i love mine and i am still finding excuses to go for a drive.
    cheers
    warrick
    2011 3CC 3.6 V6. 19X8 CADWELL RIMS, K & N FILTER, EXHAUST TIPS,DBA SLOTTED FRONT DISCS,ATE CERAMIC FRONT PADS.

Drove home on the new Pilot Sport 3's. Car felt a lot better than the old Bob Jane's that were on it.

Played a bit more with the suspension modes and the shifter modes. Jeez Sport mode on the DSG really means business.

Cheers

Mike

The Passat got it's first and only performance mod today.

These should rub at least a second off it's 0-100 time

Cheers

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CC owner-caps-jpg  

Great choice mate.