Thread: Lowered Springs

Lowered Springs

Hey guys,

I've currently got a 2013 VW CC 3.6 4Mo, and the car is currently lowered on ST Springs (Made by KW Suspension) with a supposed drop of 30mm. I'm wanting to go a bit lower without having to replace my whole suspension setup i.e coilovers, aftermarket shocks, as my car came with DCC.

I've been doin some research and have gathered that the CC platform has many shared familiarities between the MKV and MKVI platform.

In saying that, I've been told springs from a MKV Golf will fit my 13 CC. I'm a bit skeptical about going ahead and buying MKV springs as the CC weighs 2-300kg more than a MKV Golf, and taking into account the fact my car is 4WD/4Motion my skepticism is quite high.

One particular guy over in the states is using MKV springs and has stated the springs fit perfectly but lower the car a further 12mm - screenshot attached.

Is anybody able to shed some light to my query/dilemna? I'm half tempted to just buy the springs and 'see how i go' but an educated opinion or advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    He's probably got the 2L petrol turbo FWD CC in USA. I was looking to buy r36 springs for my FWD CC but they only stated as fitting the 4motion....based on that I'm guessing it won't fit due to the differences between the FWD and 4motion just a guess however

Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    He's probably got the 2L petrol turbo FWD CC in USA. I was looking to buy r36 springs for my FWD CC but they only stated as fitting the 4motion....based on that I'm guessing it won't fit due to the differences between the FWD and 4motion just a guess however
    hmm thats a fair assumption.

its strange, though, because some manufacturers have specific springs for the both the FWD and 4Mo CC, yet you look at the VWR MKV springs and they supposedly fit both models.

i spent some time looking at the technical specs for the eibach spring range, and the physical properties seem to be similar for FWD and 4Mo i.e the spring diameter, spring coil length, number of coils etc. only things such as max load for both front and rear axle seem to be significantly different.. i wonder if the front to rear load ratio is what i need to be mindful of Lowered Springs

even when you look at the technical specs for the h&r springs the physical properties of the springs are pretty much the same, just the maximum load being the primary difference.

Users Country Flag
    The actual spring rates differ, due to the different weights of the cars.

A MK5 FWD FSI won't need as stiff of a spring as a V6 CC 4Mo, due to it being lighter.

Whatever springs fit an R36, will fit the CC 4Mo.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    So the springs may fit but the ride will be effected.... probably softer I would think

Users Country Flag
    If you do it and want to get rid of your old springs.. let me know.

I'd be interested, wouldn't they be a lower spring than the standard Passat?
    Last edited by BrettD; 29-03-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typo

2009 125TDI Passat
    2002 B5.5 1.8T Passat

Quote Originally Posted by BrettD View Post
    If you do it and want to get rid of your old springs.. let me know.

I'd be interested, wouldn't they be a lower spring than the standard Passat?
    no worries bud, will do.

i believe they would be but without actually trying them really cant be certain !